By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE5 PS3 outsell RE5 360?? Predictions?

I say the PS3 will out sell it, probably by 250k or so, Both topping out at around 2-2.5 mil.

Around the Network

@ Darth

Whenever DMC 4 can do it, I suppose it means a whole lot less than you think.

RE 5 on PS3 has a chance to outsell, but it'll be a close race.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i already have resident evil 5 paid off for the 360. i think 360 version outsells ps3 version by 500k+

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

DMC4 did better on PS3 if I remember correctly, so there's a chance of a repeat. But I still think RE5 will do slightly better on the 360. As with GTA4, it'll at least have a better attatch ratio on the PS3.

It'll sell more on the 360 by at least 300k. Maybe after a while, PS3 will catch up; but I still think the 360 will hold the lead.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Around the Network

I'm definitely going with Xbox--8 million lead AND its' userbase is more geared toward that type of action game.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

360, and I say this having expected (rightly) that DMC4 would sell better on PS3. Thanks to Capcom doing everything it could to get the series off the PlayStation (CV originally a DC exclusive, 0 + 4 originally GC exclusives) it is no longer seen as a "PlayStation series" in the way DMC is. Also, at the time continental Europe was fairly anti-360 and aren't so much any more. Also, the series is dying in Japan, so whatever advantage taken there will be small.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

I guess it does have less advantages that DMC4 had for Ps3 sales

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

like gta iv, i think sales might be closer then the userbase suggests... but 360 version should still win easily. KZ 2 is also going to hurt the ps3 numbers

Are you kidding? If Killzone 2 is even half as big as people here say it is, then 360 may outsell it two to one because of overshadowing.

Thankfully, its not. But still no, it won't, despite having never debuted on an Xbox before.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.