By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE5 PS3 outsell RE5 360?? Predictions?

Will Re5 playstation 3 version outsell the RE5 360 version?

what do you all think.

I actually don't think it will....but the battle will be closer imo than most want to believe.

predictions

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I think 360 will outsell.

360 version.

360 since the popularity of the game will be beiggest in states, although it will be close since japans numbers may come in at around half a million for the title in favour of ps3

Just like DMC4 I expect the PS3 version to come out on top.

I could care less though, I did not care for the demo(s).

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

@CGI-Quality

I am already in that boat. Even if I enjoyed the demo I only have enough money at the moment for two games.

Killzone 2 and Halo Wars.

EDIT - Oh damn! Forgot about Star Ocean 4 on the 24th... I geuss it is time to turn back in my Halo Wars pre-order and make a swap for SO4.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

@CGI

well personally I would definetely go for Killzone 2 as I hated the Re5 demo

other people I dunno

SONY are marketing killzone 2 a lot here....so maybe people will go for it because of that

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Considering it is just a shooter now, PS3 WW numbers for the game will not even reach NA numbers. Had this game been the survival horror the first 3 were that would be another story, for one Japan sales for the game would actually be good unlike what the numbers will be now.

Then the UK comes where 360 versions sell best so 2 huge areas where RE5 will sell better on the 360 by far. 360 beating PS3 sales for RE5 2:1 with the same going for SF4.

no

CGI-Quality said:

It's possible because the PS3 version will DEFINITELY take Japan and most likely win Others, it just leaves America which the 360 will win. With KZ2/SF4/RE5 it should be paradise for PS3 owners, I do believe that those who can't afford both KZ2 and RE5 will choose KZ2....what ya think BHR-3 darth/Euphoria/blazin? etc... A question for the Playstation crew

i can afford both but im a one game per time guy i will be buying 1 mill copies of RE5 ps3 launch day just so it will beat the 360 version, then wen im done with RE5 i'll go and get KZ2

I know KZ2 will probably be a better game than RE5 but im not big into FPS and im dying for a RE game it's been 4 years since i played a RE game

Play Me