By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Gaming System do you HATE with a bloody Passion?

I like how this thread has more than five times the replies than the OP's "What Gaming System Do You Love With a Bloody Passion" thread.

Kinda says something about us doesn't it?

Around the Network
Senlis said:
Mummelmann said:

True, but most of the consoles you mentioned above have been in the hands of only a select few and no one can (or at least, should) judge on and hate a console they never tried.

Personally, I've never played an Intellivision, a Dreamcast (or Saturn), Genesis, Virtualboy, GameGear, Philips CD-I so its impossible for me to determine how I feel about them. And, yes, I have been gaming for a long time, since the first Ultima and Civilization, Super Mario Bros. etc. I even had a Commodore 64 as a boy (which I loved!)!

Good point.  You can't really "hate with a bloody passion" a console you have never played.  My point, however, is that people like to bash the newer consoles when the XBOX, XBOX 360, GCN, Wii, PS2 and PS3 are all good consoles.  If someone is singling one of those out as the console they "hate" then they haven't been playing games for very long or on very many systems.

That I can agree with, last gen was the best ever imo and the x-box, PS2 and Gamecube were all solid consoles with heaps of good games. I don't hate any of the current gen consoles either, they have redeemed themselves slowly and gradually. I do find this gen a little boring so far, but that's picking up as we go. I'm getting a PS3 and a 360 Eilte this summer and if Wii's Final Fantasy turns out good I'll be getting a Wii as well next year!

Smeags said:
I like how this thread has more than five times the replies than the OP's "What Gaming System Do You Love With a Bloody Passion" thread.

Kinda says something about us doesn't it?

yup that hate is the new love

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Playstation 3. Waiting for the death.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

if....IF...one is a true gamer, then you appreciate and enjoy each console for what it can offer to the experience of gaming as a whole, and you "hate" none of them.

nuff said

- kw

Around the Network
Kwaidd said:

if....IF...one is a true gamer, then you appreciate and enjoy each console for what it can offer to the experience of gaming as a whole, and you "hate" none of them.

nuff said

- kw

Yeah but i mean... the virtual boy really was that bad.  It basically killed that idea even though it likely could be marketed successfully now.

Senlis said:

If you guys are naming current generation consoles as the ones you hate the most, you apparently started gaming 3 years ago. There are a lot of older consoles that sucked much more than current generation, even the PSP. Some of the ones I remember: Virtualboy, Sega GameGear, the add-ons to Sega Genesis (Sega CD and Sega 32x I believe), Intellivision (it was like a Atari 2600 clone, but not as good), Sega Dreamcast (Great system, but died before it's time frustrating gamers), Some of the obscure handhelds, and the Phillips CD-I.

No way, Intellivision was awsome. You must be a colecovision fanboy.

The Virtual Boy its the only system that is guaranteed to give you a bloody migraine headache is less then 15minutes everyone should hate that system with a bloody passion. In my opinion its also one of the worst systems of all time and should be in everyone's top five.

N64, because I bought one at launch because of all the amazing exclusives it was suppose to have.

flagship said:
N64, because I bought one at launch because of all the amazing exclusives it was suppose to have.

-1 WTF

Ocarina of Time alone was worth the 200 dollars for the thing. That game was amazing.