By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Gaming System do you HATE with a bloody Passion?

Mummelmann said:

True, but most of the consoles you mentioned above have been in the hands of only a select few and no one can (or at least, should) judge on and hate a console they never tried.

Personally, I've never played an Intellivision, a Dreamcast (or Saturn), Genesis, Virtualboy, GameGear, Philips CD-I so its impossible for me to determine how I feel about them. And, yes, I have been gaming for a long time, since the first Ultima and Civilization, Super Mario Bros. etc. I even had a Commodore 64 as a boy (which I loved!)!

Good point.  You can't really "hate with a bloody passion" a console you have never played.  My point, however, is that people like to bash the newer consoles when the XBOX, XBOX 360, GCN, Wii, PS2 and PS3 are all good consoles.  If someone is singling one of those out as the console they "hate" then they haven't been playing games for very long or on very many systems.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:

That sums up why the system is worth hating with a bloody passion.  The system caused headaches.  What else do you need to know?

This I can personally confirm: The system gives you headaches.  It's pitiful.  Also, there are only about 15 games for it.

why would you hate a console?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

the only one i really hate is the original x box.. i can understand why people would hate the ps2 though...

just look at the current gen ..where is the difference between the individual consoles? it boils down to a handfull of overhyped exclusives for each console ..and that barrier between games that would be console or pc exclusive has been torn down.. because microsoft ,in need of a xbox library bought many pc developing companies and forced them to either develop multiplat or x box exclusive which caused games in general to loose in quality and started this current multiplat craze ..and you just cant keep up the quality if it has to run on 3-4 differnt system and be playable with a gamepad

it also caused the phenomenon of "graphicwhoredom" go into the extreme just look at the " killzone2 vs Gears of war /halo" disaster

ok i know this wasnt very eloquent but i hope its clear what i was trying to say in this clumsy crude post of mine

@terislb... I agree but what is done is done! I kinda hated and was scared of MS when they first entered the console arena but now own an 360 (as well as a Wii and PS3)!

I would hate for any console manufacturer to die but if only one was left I aint naive to think I wouldn't buy it. I'm gamer first and whatever spews forth in the future (lack of originality, pretty but hollow games, new controllers) I'm in it for the long haul...no time for hating here!

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Kasz216 said:
TWRoO said:
SmokedHostage said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I would say The console that I come close to hating is the Wii....Shovelware left and right and I cant get anyone to name me 15 top great games for the system

Let me..

SMG
de Blob
Trauma Center: New Blood
Mario Kart Wii
Blast Works
Brawl
MP3: Corruption
No More Heroes
Endless Ocean
FE: Radiant Dawn
Wario Land: Shake It
Super Paper Mario
Skate It
Wii Sports
Mario Strikers Charged

EDIT:  Also if you included Ports, multiplatform and WiiWare games..

TLoZ: Twilight Princess
RE4: Wii Edition
Okami
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
Shaun White's Snowboarding
PES 08
Art Style: Cubello
Art Style: Rotohex
FFCC: Life as King
Lost Winds
World of Good
Bomberman Blast
Toki Tori
Tetris Party
Call of Duty: World at War

It's a shame he said 15... because it means some are missed.

Zack and Wiki
RE: Umbrella Chronicles
Wii Play (if you factor price into the matter anyway, otherwise don't include it)
Guitar Hero versions (not keen myself but people clearly like them)
Rockband 2 (but perhaps not the supposedly gimped R1)
Mario Strikers
Mario and Sonic (for multiplayer)
Boom Blox (seems to be a loved by most, hated by a few though)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 1 and 3 (again multiplayer)
Tales of Symphonia
House of the dead 2&3
Animal Crossing
Samba De Amigo
Warioware: Smooth Moves
Red Steel  (not really a love hate releationship, more a "it was pretty good"/"awful" thing so perhaps not worthy)
Battalion Wars 2 (how did you miss this)
Lego Indiana Jones
Excite Truck
Wii Music (You can disregard this if you wish, but I think after learning more about it I am interested in buying)
SSX Blur
Cooking Mama (at least if you liked the DS ones)
Geometry Wars Galaxies
The other Trauma Centre
Disaster Day of Crisis
The Naruto game, (to it's fans at least)
Call of Duty World at War (worth it if you can't play the other versions according to Naz, or if you hate DAnalogue)
Elebits/Eledees
The Godfather Blackhand edition
Mercury Meltdown
Kororinpa
Harvest Moon
Shaun White Snowboarding

Give it another 10 days and there is Deadly Creatures too.

The lack of MLB Power Pros is disturbing.

It's the best baseball game on a next gen console.

Apologies, I haven't heard much about the game as I haven't looked into it.... I'm sure some other good games have been missed too.

He said 15 good games guys, and all you did was list a handful and the rest are shovelware, lol.

N64 robbed me of PS1 time i should of bought a ps instead of it bought ps towards end of the gen

GC robbed me of RE remake 0 and 4 on the ps2 they should of been on the ps2 had no games i was interested in mainly Hey You Pikachu ones

Xbox1 was starting to become a threat to sony

Wii jealous that its been selling so well has absolutely no games for me don't like the motion controls at all still favoring the younger audience

360 don't really hate it it has done good stuff for the gaming world i like the controller has some games that i would enjoy playing jealous that it is a threat to sony

PS3 dissapionted wats going on u need to pick up the pace u getting crushed in sales

Play Me

Xbox/Wii

Griffin said:
TWRoO said:
Kasz216 said:

The lack of MLB Power Pros is disturbing.

It's the best baseball game on a next gen console.

Apologies, I haven't heard much about the game as I haven't looked into it.... I'm sure some other good games have been missed too.

He said 15 good games guys, and all you did was list a handful and the rest are shovelware, lol.

Point me to shovelware in that list.. and I will point you to shovelware in your game collection.

You don't even know what shovelware is, Not even carnival games is shovelware because some effort was put into it by developers, and the game is not broken (in it's coding) In fact, Carnival games SHOULD be on that list, because while it may not appeal to you (nor me) there is nothing otherwise wrong with the game except that more could have been put on it... but then the game is budget priced, so it makes up for it.

OLDSKOOL said:

@terislb... I agree but what is done is done! I kinda hated and was scared of MS when they first entered the console arena but now own an 360 (as well as a Wii and PS3)!

I would hate for any console manufacturer to die but if only one was left I aint naive to think I wouldn't buy it. I'm gamer first and whatever spews forth in the future (lack of originality, pretty but hollow games, new controllers) I'm in it for the long haul...no time for hating here!

yeah i understand that notion.. and well i also bought a ps 3 even though i knew that the current gen is mediocre at best moreso thanks to the crentinous fanboys ...  but since what i mentioned is common practice in the current gen i wrote about the old xbox and not the 360.. its not like the ps 3 doing any better these days.. and the wii well.. im glad its doing so well but there isnt much of a gaming libary that would interest me... yet lets see if fragile gets translated.. sin and punishment 2 looks nice aswell

i think it would be really scary if there was only one console manufacturer left.. but i suppose before that happens atari or sega or just any other company that would get back into the ring... although the way microsoft has been handling things are scary already.. i mean.. first the "xbox" exclusives and now  "no dlc for the ps3" no company should have that kind of influence on the market