By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How well do the Conduit and Madworld have to do to send a message?

Obviously the more copies sold the better. If the conduit broke a million in its first month, and sold 2-3 million LTD I'd say that would really raise heads. However 1 million before the end of the year would probably be pretty good too.

I don't think the third parties expect madworld to sell that much,, I don't think there that dumb. 500k would be good for madworld I'd say.

I think that house of the dead is another key game though, and that should sell a million. I dont think its going to open that well though. The hype isnt good enough. I wish more wii owners would get excited about it, it looks awesome. I mean so many people complain so much, and then when the great games come they say maybe, and just ignore them.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
people are imo way over-estimating Madworld.

The Conduit really has a chance of HUGE success

but Madworld doesn't have much chance....yeah it will be profitable but I doubt it will do more than 600K

the conduit on the other hand could be a COD4 for the wii

I'm inclined to agree with you on this.  I don't see Madworld being a smash hit (but easily profitable); I don't think a B&W Manhunt-esque game will appeal to a large audience.  The Conduit has a much better chance.

For The Conduit to be succesful, it'll definitely need to be much more frontloaded than legg-e-fied.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

well I am not sales expert but they will both have to sell very well.

I already have my Conduit copy pre-ordered.

Soriku said:
yanamaster said:
If things are to change for the Wii as far as 3rd party support goes...i think that madworld has to do at least 1 million and the Conduit at least 2 million.

And that's being generous. I honostly don't think that the Wii will get the 3rd party support that it deserves. Ever. That much is clear after these 2 years.

What's clear after two years? Oh, that it's #1 in Japan and is going to get the bulk of Japanese games in the future if MH3 and DQ X adn the countless other games for it coming out are any indication, and that Western devs seem to be taking the Wii seriously now (Conduit, Overlord, Deadly Creatures, etc.) and if they actually get marketed well they can sell quite a lotand have even more Western devs taking the Wii seriously? We're even getting comments from companies like Take Two saying "We can't ignore the Wii" (with mature games).

That's all and well Soriku, but tell me, after these projects have been completed what else is there really? To me, it's just the same as it was with GC, There are a couple promising titles that come out, and that's okay, but if there is nothing to follow up on that game then there is a problem.

It's nice that you mention the japanese market, but face it, games that really are interesting are rarely localized in the Us, all the more in Europe. I am pleased that the Wii gets this kind of support from the japanese developers but for me, being a citizen of a central european country, this doesn't account to much.

I have yet to see any realease date for Dawn of the New world here in Europe, a game that by all means should be localized here. And yet there is no sign of it whatsoever. That's only the tip of the iceberg, what about fatal frame 4? What about some of the games that Marvelous wants to publish in the Us but does not mention anything about the old continent?

What about Winter? Two years into this gen and there's no publisher for a game like this? Up till a mere few minths ago was not Conduit in trouble? Have you forgotten about what HVS wrote in ther dev dairy not too long ago about the publishers thoughts on their game? This is the exact same mechanism. If these games were to be made for the HD consoles a publisher would've been with the devs from the start.

I repeat, i'm glad that these games are coming from 3rd party publishers, but unless the big players start treating the Wii on par with ps3/xbox in terms of "will" to produce games on the platform, i'm afriad that we will be having one year in which we get several good games for the Wii just like the hd consoles normally do, but unlike those consoles the Wii will not have a steady income of  good games and we'll be waiting yet again a couple winters for an outbreak of titles in a single year.

Thank god that the Wii has Nintendo that can suplement the console with their own games, but we're talking about 3rd parties. We should be very honost with this, if 1st party games were to be taken out of account or if they simply didn't exist then the Wii would've been in epic trouble this gen. It would survive, but just barely.

Maybe i'm exaggerating (a lot) but two years is a lot of time and frankly i have began to lose hope on this matter.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

RPG said:

1 million I would say but really I find it hard to think either of the games will sell anything close to a COD or Halo. I bring those up because those are the big shooters out there, GeOW has a big following and one would think Killzone 2 will do well.

1 million for each is a good number, will not come close to sales of HD shooters though. Hoping for 1 million sales for these games really does show what the audience for the Wii is like, especially when "carnival games" can do 3 million with ease.

Now which would have cost more of the 3? I do not see the reason Sega are not just making casual games especially with the success of the Olympics game.

Too many fishermen for one river. Everyone went after that market, but people don't actually want tonnes of mini game compliations. That's why Mario Kart Wii is so successful, it's bringing those people upstream. Games that bring the expanded market further upstream are where it's at. Conduit may be one of those, the next Zelda will certainly be one of those. Even Sports Resort is one of those, as the Jet Ski game is supposed to be quite deep.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

Just watched a few gameplay videos of The Conduit.

I mean really? This game being hyped speaks volumes about the problems the Wii is having satisfying the "hardcore" audience.

Before anyone starts I am anti Wii, PS3 and 360 so live with my opinions.....

RPG said:
Just watched a few gameplay videos of The Conduit.

I mean really? This game being hyped speaks volumes about the problems the Wii is having satisfying the "hardcore" audience.

Before anyone starts I am anti Wii, PS3 and 360 so live with my opinions.....

Haha, well i gues you're right about that, but please, do not downplay this game, as it clearly is something that Wii owners want, a good 3rd party effort at making a game for the system.

Take that into consideration.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Soriku said:
yanamaster said:
Soriku said:
yanamaster said:
If things are to change for the Wii as far as 3rd party support goes...i think that madworld has to do at least 1 million and the Conduit at least 2 million.

And that's being generous. I honostly don't think that the Wii will get the 3rd party support that it deserves. Ever. That much is clear after these 2 years.

What's clear after two years? Oh, that it's #1 in Japan and is going to get the bulk of Japanese games in the future if MH3 and DQ X adn the countless other games for it coming out are any indication, and that Western devs seem to be taking the Wii seriously now (Conduit, Overlord, Deadly Creatures, etc.) and if they actually get marketed well they can sell quite a lotand have even more Western devs taking the Wii seriously? We're even getting comments from companies like Take Two saying "We can't ignore the Wii" (with mature games).

That's all and well Soriku, but tell me, after these projects have been completed what else is there really? To me, it's just the same as it was with GC, There are a couple promising titles that come out, and that's okay, but if there is nothing to follow up on that game then there is a problem.

It's nice that you mention the japanese market, but face it, games that really are interesting are rarely localized in the Us, all the more in Europe. I am pleased that the Wii gets this kind of support from the japanese developers but for me, being a citizen of a central european country, this doesn't account to much.

I have yet to see any realease date for Dawn of the New world here in Europe, a game that by all means should be localized here. And yet there is no sign of it whatsoever. That's only the tip of the iceberg, what about fatal frame 4? What about some of the games that Marvelous wants to publish in the Us but does not mention anything about the old continent?

What about Winter? Two years into this gen and there's no publisher for a game like this? Up till a mere few minths ago was not Conduit in trouble? Have you forgotten about what HVS wrote in ther dev dairy not too long ago about the publishers thoughts on their game? This is the exact same mechanism. If these games were to be made for the HD consoles a publisher would've been with the devs from the start.

I repeat, i'm glad that these games are coming from 3rd party publishers, but unless the big players start treating the Wii on par with ps3/xbox in terms of "will" to produce games on the platform, i'm afriad that we will be having one year in which we get several good games for the Wii just like the hd consoles normally do, but unlike those consoles the Wii will not have a steady income of  good games and we'll be waiting yet again a couple winters for an outbreak of titles in a single year.

Thank god that the Wii has Nintendo that can suplement the console with their own games, but we're talking about 3rd parties. We should be very honost with this, if 1st party games were to be taken out of account or if they simply didn't exist then the Wii would've been in epic trouble this gen. It would survive, but just barely.

Maybe i'm exaggerating (a lot) but two years is a lot of time and frankly i have began to lose hope on this matter.

Seems to me you're content with the games, but you just get screwed over with EU releases. That's not the Wii's fault.

Also, all of Marvelous' games are coming to EU: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338728&highlight=arc+rise+fantasia

Nah, it's not the matter of EU releases, it's more of a question of "will support from western developers remain the same, increase...or decrease?" while the second question is "will the wii finally recieve games that would have an impact on the hardcore market as a whole, not just the fraction with Wii's".

Those are questions to which i'm trying to find answers for.

Well, according to Wii fans on this site, all a game on the Wii has to do is sell 300k, and it's a "success"...so, I'll say 300k

Well i think people have to be reasonable, if Conduit and Madworld live up to expectations and are good games, they will sell well (like most of Good Wii games tend to) because people will buy them, if they are average the sales could be average, devs must deliver if they do then the Public will follow.

Conduit has a chance to become first huge online Shooter on the Wii, it has potential but potential is not everything. It has some significant hype (especially for 3rd party title on the Wii) therefore it should sell.

Madworld wont sell as well as the Conduit because of its style, and being an extremely niche title, but it should still make some nice profit for the Studio, and appease the gamers on the Wii. It will be a Win win situation.

Dont expect some mad front loaded sales of GeoW 2 or something, but a decent openning and great legs after. If games are good for Conduit i expect sales at least of 1.5 mln (thats very conservative), and Madworld around 800k (also conservative) but if they live up to expectations they can sell much much more.

But i do agree this are important releases to certain extent, and could influence other studios, however if they are bad games people cannot blame the userbase for not buying them.