By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How well do the Conduit and Madworld have to do to send a message?

dsister44 said:
Soriku said:
dsister44 said:
im thinking that they have to get about 5-6 million by the first year

Umm...yeah, no.

Conduit needs to get to 1 mil+ fast. Mad World IDK...originally Clover hasn't made any best selling games.

y make a expensive game that sells only a million when u can make a bunch of crap mini games 4 cheap and get 5-6million sells

Because it doesn't actually work that way. The downmarket of the expanded audience is not an inexhaustible market, they begin to have higher demands of quality after a while, and they don't buy the same genre of game over and over. You'd make a great birdman.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

no im just saying u r the boss of sega(hypothetically)and u were to publish a game like the conduit.and say it were to sell about 1.5 million yes u make a profit but no where like mario and sonic at the olympic games which sold like 6 million copies.which 1 r u gonna keep making.
HappySqurriel if the market were to fall out casual mini-games then they will then focus on another genre

i'm thinking that the conduit will be more of the benchmark for the core gamer then madworld will be. THe conduit is an FPS with good graphics and online play and should attract plenty of hardcore gamers, this game needs to sell close to a million in its first maybe 6 weeks for other developers to really take note.

I think with madworld because of its style and graphic violence i reckon if it does 500k after 1-2months that would be really good, but i dont expect it to become a million seller quickly as it comes across as a slightly niche game

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

dsister, please refrain from derailing my topic into a stupid fanboy war. Could we keep this OT please?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

oh i forgot to add that i fully expect LTD sales for madworld to pass 1million and conduit to push for 2 milly

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
no im just saying u r the boss of sega(hypothetically)and u were to publish a game like the conduit.and say it were to sell about 1.5 million yes u make a profit but no where like mario and sonic at the olympic games which sold like 6 million copies.which 1 r u gonna keep making.
HappySqurriel if the market were to fall out casual mini-games then they will then focus on another genre

The market won't "Fall Out" of mini-game collections, but (regardless of the genre) there is only so much demand for games in a particular genre ... Personally, I expect that if 1 or 2 games are released in a genre every 4 to 6 weeks will saturate the market. What this means is that, while Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games can sell 6 Million, producing more mini-game collections does not necessarily translate into producing a successful game.

One of the best strategies for a company to be successful is to find a niche that is being underserved by existing competitors and to satisfy their demands ...

people are imo way over-estimating Madworld.

The Conduit really has a chance of HUGE success

but Madworld doesn't have much chance....yeah it will be profitable but I doubt it will do more than 600K

the conduit on the other hand could be a COD4 for the wii

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The_vagabond7 said:
dsister, please refrain from derailing my topic into a stupid fanboy war. Could we keep this OT please?

sry i was just defending myself.ike i was saying is that a game like madworld and the conduit have to sell really well so developers dont fall back to making mini-game compillations.and y do i always get called a fanboy.i own a wii btw

1 million I would say but really I find it hard to think either of the games will sell anything close to a COD or Halo. I bring those up because those are the big shooters out there, GeOW has a big following and one would think Killzone 2 will do well.

1 million for each is a good number, will not come close to sales of HD shooters though. Hoping for 1 million sales for these games really does show what the audience for the Wii is like, especially when "carnival games" can do 3 million with ease.

Now which would have cost more of the 3? I do not see the reason Sega are not just making casual games especially with the success of the Olympics game.

I fully beleive that The Conduit will reach 1 mil, maybe 2-3 lifetime if its good enough. Madworld, unfortunetly, is a different story. 1 mil is really out of my mind, although i hope itll happen.

But lets think logically here, how would you market a game like Madworld? Scratch that, market effectivly.