By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "The Conduit is generic"

I see many people claiming that The Conduit is generic. Because it is all about Aliens, we have to save the world, no major addictions in the genre despite gameplay (which is on it's way to be the best on consoles btw).

Ok, so based on this criteria I did a list of games that we can call generic also, based on the same thoughts for the Conduit. (The ones I own are marked with a *)

- Resistance 1/2 - Has Aliens, we have to save the world - GENERIC GAME

- Halo 1/2/3 - Aliens, Aliens, Aliens - EPICLY GENERIC GAME

- *CoD5 - WW2, We have to save the world - GENERIC GAME

- *The Darkness - Weird Creatures, so - GENERIC GAME

- Unreal Tournament - Generic name, and on top of that, there is "aliens" - GENERIC GAME

- Left for Dead - ZOMBIES AGAIN??? - OMMMG GENERIC

I don't remenber anything right now. The list can be updated. Your thoughts...?

Around the Network

Mass Effect isnt generic..........and the conduit was a vital piece of the plot.

wtf with all these Mass Effect haters..........

I agree, they're all generic. Doesn't mean they're bad games though.

Well to be honest, The Conduit does give me a generic vibe while those above games didn't.

Dunno, it might be because i don't know a lot about the story.

The list is pretty much correct, but The Darkness is not generic

Around the Network

dude, most FPS are generic.
thats because most are on the 360, some on the PS3, and most people that play on those systems dont care about story, or anything like that, they care about shooting stuff.

yes, the conduit MAY be generic, but so is everything else, like you said.
i'm HOPING that the story is going to be great, making the game less generic, and also we have the wii controls for it, making it even less generic.

whorenraged said:

I see many people claiming that The Conduit is generic. Because it is all about Aliens, we have to save the world, no major addictions in the genre despite gameplay (which is on it's way to be the best on consoles btw).

Ok, so based on this criteria I did a list of games that we can call generic also, based on the same thoughts for the Conduit. (The ones I own are marked with a *)

- Resistance 1/2 - Has Aliens, we have to save the world - GENERIC GAME

- Halo 1/2/3 - Aliens, Aliens, Aliens - EPICLY GENERIC GAME

- *CoD5 - WW2, We have to save the world - GENERIC GAME

- *The Darkness - Weird Creatures, so - GENERIC GAME

- Unreal Tournament - Generic name, and on top of that, there is "aliens" - GENERIC GAME

- Left for Dead - ZOMBIES AGAIN??? - OMMMG GENERIC

I don't remenber anything right now. The list can be updated. Your thoughts...?

-R1 and 2 I couldn't stand, so I'm not even gonna try to defend them.

-Halo 1 was the first true Console FPS, which led to the all console FPS today, while 2/3 were anything but generic, due to its massive reforms to multiplayer, and huge amounts of content for players and friends. 

-If you ragged on the original CoD, I would've been able to say something, it was stunning for its time. But again, Don't care to much for CoD 5. 

-Why the hell did you even include the Darkness? It wasn't even that good.

-Unreal Tournament: High octane, insanely fast paced combat based on huge feilds that is made to be more traditional then other games. Not generic, traditional.

-Left 4 Dead: Oh HELL no you didn't just say Left 4 Dead was generic. There is no game like this anyway, and even the ZOMBIEs are original. They run faster then you do for crying out loud, and versus mode is an innovation the FPS world had almost never seen before. Different spawn points, and the game plays differently every time you play it.

I'm not saying Conduit is generic, since I've yet to hear anything about it. I'm just pointing out how stupid your examples are.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

i dont see the problem with being generic

generic = sucks? cmon..................

See, here I was thinking that I was trying to save the world in my shooters, or at least contribute towards a common viewpoint. Where are all these shooters where you're going towards a different goal? You lost most of your credibility when you said that Call of Duty 5 was about saving the world.

I agree with Shadowblind, your examples are just stupid.

Hammer-of-Dawn said:
i dont see the problem with being generic

generic = sucks? cmon..................

that's not what he was trying to get at.

he's saying that there are other people claiming that the Conduit is a generic FPS and making it look bad because of that, so he's trying to defend the fact that most FPS are generic anyway, so that's no reason that the Conduit should be looked down upon.

see?