By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "The Conduit is generic"

Since when is there not much hype? It's easily the most hyped game on Wii that's been officially announced.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

An engaging story or brilliantly original concept has never been a major selling point of most popular FPS games , FPS's by nature are meant to be immersive ,fast , intense , hardcore and enjoyable...that's where the majority of the games perceived quality is derived from.

I think Conduits biggest apprarent strength may be it's downfall , the developers put so much emphasis on the graphical prowess of the game that automatic comparisons with HD FPS's in our minds , it's not even intentional . As soon as we see that the conduit fails in comparison to it's HD rivals , the fact that it doesn't apear to do anything particularly new or differently it's easy to assume that it's just another generic FPS that got released 7 years to late.

Yeah, that makes sense. Wii owners, knowing that they own a Wii that is not as graphically powerful as the other consoles, will suddenly be disappointed with the graphics when the best looking game so far comes out.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

You forgot Killzone 2.

Alright guys, I'll bite with all of ya.

"What makes the Conduit different from other FPS?"

There.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

There.

...I already explained that quite a bit.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I dont give a f$%& about the story. just give me solid online and I'll be good. I have'nt even touched the campaign mode and I'm having a blast.

Wichdog69

Shadowblind said:

There.

It's not a port!

Shadowblind said:
whorenraged said:

I see many people claiming that The Conduit is generic. Because it is all about Aliens, we have to save the world, no major addictions in the genre despite gameplay (which is on it's way to be the best on consoles btw).

Ok, so based on this criteria I did a list of games that we can call generic also, based on the same thoughts for the Conduit. (The ones I own are marked with a *)

- Resistance 1/2 - Has Aliens, we have to save the world - GENERIC GAME

- Halo 1/2/3 - Aliens, Aliens, Aliens - EPICLY GENERIC GAME

- *CoD5 - WW2, We have to save the world - GENERIC GAME

- *The Darkness - Weird Creatures, so - GENERIC GAME

- Unreal Tournament - Generic name, and on top of that, there is "aliens" - GENERIC GAME

- Left for Dead - ZOMBIES AGAIN??? - OMMMG GENERIC

I don't remenber anything right now. The list can be updated. Your thoughts...?

-Halo 1 was the first true Console FPS

lolwat?

The_vagabond7 said:
Shadowblind said:

There.

...I already explained that quite a bit.

So I guess there isn't any reason why its not generic then -_-,

@Ghost of Rubang: Yeah I worded it wrong. Halo 1 was the first true "FPS" to come to a console. Ya know, the original PC design for a shooter coming to console, etc. et.c

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.