By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei NINE on XBOX

When Persona 4 was first released to rave reviews, I put forth the theory that we could see Persona 5 coming as a 360 exclusive and their big JRPG of this year.  Most people seemed to dismiss that notion and said that Persona 5 would definitely not be coming to the 360 and that Atlus wouldn't put such a "niche rpg" on a Microsoft console.  Well,l I was just looking to see what were the best selling games for various consoles in Japan on the VGChartz database section, and I just discovered something that greatly surprised me.  The 7th best selling original xbox game in Japan was Shin Megami Tensei:  NINE.  I think this fact does lend a bit of support to the notion that Persona 5 could come to the 360 and since it was the 7th best selling game on the original xbox in Japan last time out with the added recent success of Persona 3 and Persona 4 here in the West, Microsoft could have a great interest in acquiring Persona 5.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=4300®ion=Japan

So, has anyone here ever played this game?  Is it a good Megaten game?

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network

If the series were to go 360 exclusive it would sell 1/10 of what it does now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

ive never played it, but look how little it sold. would of been atleast triple if it was on ps2 back in the day. i dont think atlus will repeat the same mistake

same mistake, sending RPGs the 360 way, haven't developers learned this already?

I think it has a chance on the 360 but definitely not as an exclusive.

Around the Network

The 7th best selling game on Xbox in Japan is how much? 50k? less?

Atlus would be commiting financial suicide with releasing MegaTen games on the 360. They'd both require high dev costs and get low sales.

Well, rumors are that the next main series game will be PS360 since Atlus was hiring developers for both consoles a while back, so...everybody's happy? EDIT: Unless you only own a Wii

Persona 5 will probably be multi as well.

Cactus said:

Well, rumors are that the next main series game will be PS360 since Atlus was hiring developers for both consoles a while back, so...everybody's happy? EDIT: Unless you only own a Wii

My bets are still on Wii ;)

Xen said:
Cactus said:

Well either way, I'm happy. As long they get released on a console and not a handheld :P

Cactus said:
Xen said:
Cactus said:

Well either way, I'm happy. As long they get released on a console and not a handheld :P

They could go for DS/PSP IMO... soon enough I'm gonna be spending lots more time out of my house... a portable persona should be cool.