By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei NINE on XBOX

its a suicide its will multiplatform /ps2/psp/wii >_o

the sent  a psp a port of nocturen to see if the psp can sell software.

Around the Network
Cactus said:

For people saying handheld, I highly doubt that Atlus is going to put the next main series installment on anything other than a console, and, although I'm less sure with this one, I feel the same about Persona.

I think that they'll find a home on either PS360 or Wii, so that their PS2 fanbase can migrate, and continue their trend of releasing remakes and ports on the PSP. Devil Survivor and Etrian Odyssey will be the series' that occupy the DS.

Continuing with the PS2 is also a very good option considering how well P4 did, but they're probably thinking of moving on, since staying on PS2 likely won't be a viable option for much longer.

Kinda like Square did for Dragon Quest?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
@outlaw

That is true, but they could've always gone PS2 again for DQ IX but didn't. Atlus could've chose the DS for Persona 3/4 but didn't. Maybe they'd just like to stick with consoles with low dev costs (PS2 and Wii).

OT: lol, 50k sure is gonna get them excited. Also, I heard that it was a crappy game anyway. Oh, and another thing I heard was after the game bombed, they used the engine (that MS gave them for SMT: Nine) to make the PS2 games. I doubt they'd make the same mistake again of not choosing the console with the lowest cost and best ability to sell RPGs (the Wii. Or they might just stick with the PS2 again, but I kinda doubt that. Could be wrong though).

Clearly, the system that can sell a game like Persona is not the 360. Not the PS3. Only the Wii, PS2, or handhelds. I'm gonna assume Wii if they decide to move from the PS2. Besides, Atlus' games on the Wii have sold well (Trauma Center is over 500k). Atlus has 0 developed HD games.

If the Wii is the only way, why do darker RPGs that seem much more akin to the style of SMT and Persona do poorly (I'm talking Fragile)

As you know, the SMT and Persona is extremely different in style and fanbase than most RPGs.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

persona 5 for ps3/wii - us TRUE jrpg fans are sick and tired of waiting for jrpgs

deathgod33 said:
persona 5 for ps3/wii - us TRUE jrpg fans are sick and tired of waiting for jrpgs

A-Fucking-Men

Honestly I wouldnt Mind so much on the PS3 loosing JRPG's to Nintendo because it has the established Fanbase for it in Japan but the fact that PS3 is loosing JRPG's to MS because MS just buys them and no one really appreciates them Sales-wise is just a kick in the nuts while having bleach thrown in your eyes

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

If the Wii is the only way, why do darker RPGs that seem much more akin to the style of SMT and Persona do poorly (I'm talking Fragile)

As you know, the SMT and Persona is extremely different in style and fanbase than most RPGs.

Because Fragile is not a JRPG.

Atlus can choose to die if they want, but they don't have a lot of choices.

It's handhelds or Wii. That or they are killing their series.

Accepting a moneyhat is good short term but a very bad move long term if your game doesn't sell: you end up killing your franchise.

Tough choice for Atlus, but XB360 is not a wise one.

Really if Atlus can make a new game within 15M and it sells as well as WKC then they would be alright

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Egghead asked me some time ago what I think about the game:

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=28895

Anyway I would say wait and see but I think MS will not try to 'buy' an exclusive from them considering they don't sell well at the first place;

I never EVER reply on VGC forums because i want to keep my money at 1k, though the community is great so im missing out. Either way, all the trolls and fankids here need a lesson or two so i decided it was time

TLR and IU are doing VERY well, theyll both reach 600k lifetime, which is better than a lot of JRPGs

Secondly, TLR is ALREADY at 500k, so i think itll reach 200k in time, 700k again is a huge number for JRPGs.

Secondly in Japan, IU sold 130k, TLR so far 160k (and still selling) and ToV 165k. In Japan, those numbers for ANY console are regarded very good. In fact Tales on Wii sold 230k, so ToV wasnt too behind given the userbase being a TENTH of the size

As for BD, that was a beast in Japan. Again, 200k for any game is regarded a big hit, but BD did it with a 500-600k user, thats incredible, 1/3 360 owners bought it. In fact the game was a big factor in securing MS do much better this gen in Japan than before, convincing a lot of devs to now consider the console

As for Eternal Sonata, the game sold 80k which surprised Namco, in fact right now, Fragile on the Wii had a worse opening week, so you can see how well it did. LO didnt do too badly as well, it sold 100k, which again is great, but couldve done so much more had MS bundled it. It didnt even move much hardware

But wait, TEH PS3!!! Disgaea 3 sold 130k, and VC 150k, thats lower than XBOX 360s best. WKC on the other hand is a beast and its going on to sell 350k min, but thats a L5 JRPG released in the peak of their holiday

Also, LO is on its way to hit a million, the only disappointment has been ToV, but it hasnt sold bad, its still selling slowly but steadily, and is yet to release in EU. I think itll break 400k easy.

Importantly all these games have been important in boosting the 360 userbase there, MS have proven 360 owners there buy games and not just the system for the odd hit. Even another 50k to the userbase goes a long way in securing more software sales.

The problem before was that few retailers stocked the 360 and games, and even then they would be pushed back to obscure parts of the store. Now with the increases sales, way more stores have it, and MS have provided clearly designated kiosks stocking popular games and running vids of the top games meaning naturally, game sales will rise now and so hardware.

Sony proved that you can have a huge hit even with a small userbase, MGS4 sold up to 700k copies with a userbase of 2.5 million, 700k is very close to what MGS2 and 3 did with much larger userbases. If MS can hit 1.5 million units (or even 1.3 soon) then youll see them become a major console in Japan.

Lastly, SO4 will be HUGE. MS know this is their last game for a LONG time (unless Mistwalker pulls something out at the end of the year). I dont think theyll quite hit a million 360s sold with the game, but i think the game itself will easily sell more than 160k copies and do well overseas given the last games were hits.

konnichiwa said:
Egghead asked me some time ago what I think about the game:

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=28895

Anyway I would say wait and see but I think MS will not try to 'buy' an exclusive from them considering they don't sell well at the first place;

HE HE thanks = )

As for the next Persona games, if they do leave PS2 that is, they wont end up on the Wii. The Wii third-party state right now in Japan is diabolical, and the PS2, PS3 and 360 has plenty of hardcore gamers including the PSP as well. So yeah, itll either go PS3/360 or PSP, maybe DS.

PSP is obvious, plenty of hardcore gamers, and they can keep the graphics the same. Makes sense, but unfortunately its not a platform i can see the series evolve on

The PS3/360 also has a good userbase or okay at least, the problem is that they can if they wanted to keep the graphics the same, but itll mean hard time selling overseas. That however hasnt stopped Disgaea selling crazy amounts in NA though VC on the other hand...

I also think that if they decide to have the game on the 360, then MS will step in and give them a major hand with the marketing side. I think the series needs a graphical overhaul now, and the PS3/360 will do just that. Also, IU and TLR are easily going to sell 600k each, which by Persona standards are very good

Lastly, NINE on XBOX sold extremely well, 50k for a console with a 400k userbase? A tthe time, it was only selling a few hundred units, so yeah, it did well given what it had, and on the XBOX 360, you can expect it to do easily three times that