By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei NINE on XBOX

mrstickball said:
Egghead said:
mrstickball said:
Somehow, I think Soriku talking about Fragile beating Eternal Sonata won't happen. Heck, Fragile may not even make it to Eternal Sonata's opening week for it's LTD number. We're at week #3, and it's just north of 35,000 units. Abysmal.

I think it will beat Eternal Sonata in the end, but still, theres no shying away from the fact that its sold poorly given the userbase

As to the other poster, in regards to Fragile, youre right, the game cost less, but lets not forget that ES wasnt exactly Crysis graphics. I mean sure, it looked nice, but the graphics are still simple in nature. I honestly dont think Fragile cost that much less.

Care to explain how in the world Fragile will beat Eternal Sonata?

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Fragile%3A+Sayonara+Tsuki+no+Haikyo+-+Wii&reg2=Japan&game2=Trusty+Bell+-+PS3&reg3=Japan&game3=Eternal+Sonata+-+X360&weeks=20

Looks like Fragile is off by 22,000 units vs. Eternal Sonata in Japan, and had the same # of sales in Week #3. Very unlikely, sir. Unless you have a better explanation vs. what we're seeing, currently.

Itll sell better over time, im pretty sure Eternal Sonata on PS3 will outsell the 360 version.

Again, hardly matters, the 360 userbase was something like 500k then, but offcourse, there are many who will play that down

Around the Network
Egghead said:
mrstickball said:
Egghead said:
mrstickball said:
Somehow, I think Soriku talking about Fragile beating Eternal Sonata won't happen. Heck, Fragile may not even make it to Eternal Sonata's opening week for it's LTD number. We're at week #3, and it's just north of 35,000 units. Abysmal.

I think it will beat Eternal Sonata in the end, but still, theres no shying away from the fact that its sold poorly given the userbase

As to the other poster, in regards to Fragile, youre right, the game cost less, but lets not forget that ES wasnt exactly Crysis graphics. I mean sure, it looked nice, but the graphics are still simple in nature. I honestly dont think Fragile cost that much less.

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Fragile%3A+Sayonara+Tsuki+no+Haikyo+-+Wii&reg2=Japan&game2=Trusty+Bell+-+PS3&reg3=Japan&game3=Eternal+Sonata+-+X360&weeks=20

Looks like Fragile is off by 22,000 units vs. Eternal Sonata in Japan, and had the same # of sales in Week #3. Very unlikely, sir. Unless you have a better explanation vs. what we're seeing, currently.

Itll sell better over time, im pretty sure Eternal Sonata on PS3 will outsell the 360 version.

Again, hardly matters, the 360 userbase was something like 500k then, but offcourse, there are many who will play that down

Maybe in Japan. Why would it sell better in the west? Other than the userbase. There is no real reason to think the ps3 is the rpg console in the western world.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Aiemond said:
Egghead said:
mrstickball said:
Egghead said:
mrstickball said:

Maybe in Japan. Why would it sell better in the west? Other than the userbase. There is no real reason to think the ps3 is the rpg console in the western world.

I think its easy to see which region i meant = P

mrstickball said:
BMaker11 said:
richardhutnik said:
TheInfectedBy590 said:
same mistake, sending RPGs the 360 way, haven't developers learned this already?

Trying to have them stay on PS3 only doesn't work as well as having them go portable, or staying on the PS2 it appears.  Outside of WKC in Japan, exactly what JRPGs have done well on the PS3?

How many JRPGs are on the PS3, besides WKC? Eternal Sonata? That year old port? Don't try to not include WKC because it has outsold EVERY 360 JRPG in Japan

Correct my if I'm wrong, but just because WKC did well in Japan doesn't mean it's going to beat out the 360 JRPGs in the West, does it? Eternal Sonata's US sales for the PS3 got HAMMERED in relation to Japanese sales. While ES in Japan on PS3 managed a very respectible ~60,000 (to the 360 version at 80,000), the US version bombed with only ~50,000, versus 200,000 for the 360 version.

Oh, and need I mention the PS3 JRPG enthusiasts sore spot? Valkyria Chronicles? Yeah. The PS3 doesn't have a great precident of sales in the west for JRPGs.

Why is it you remember the difference in sales between SJRPG's and more traditional JRPG's as a rule when you extoll and celebrate the sales of TLR (which btw, is not really an SJRPG anyway), but totally forget that when it comes to VC?

Soriku said:
@Torillian

And might I add that VC actually outsold ToV as well?

Yeah were talking about Japan, and also, ToV is yet to release in EU

Around the Network
Egghead said:
Aiemond said:
Egghead said:
mrstickball said:
Egghead said:
mrstickball said:

I think its easy to see which region i meant = P

No reason to see it as the one in japan either. Wii will prolly be able to outsell ps3 rpgs when we get one with sufficient hype.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS