By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Ne One have the feeling...

Shrug, it's Holidays, of course it will sell more!

How much more, dunno.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

I knew this was going to start into a flame war, guys stop NOW.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

twesterm said:
Yeah, first the PS3 was going to kill during the launch. That never happened. Then it was going to kill once supply wasn't an issue. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Motorstorm came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Oblivion came out. That never happened.  Then it was going to kill when Virtua Fighter 5 came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when there was a price drop. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Ninja Gaiden Sigma came out.  That never happened. 

Do you see a pattern?

But this time is different, it's going to have... Umm... Lot's of multiplatform titles. LOL @Leo-j: Haven't seen hype since launch... Well, Ferraris would also sell better, ie they would be priced like Yaris. Yeah, PS3 would sell a lot better, if it would be priced like PS2, but then it would have to be designed similarily to PS2. No processor, which designing have cost maybe up to even billion, no Blu-Ray, which manufacturing costs a lot, no latest video card... So, it wouldn't be the PS3, what we know today.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

leo-j said:
dtewi said:
Everone knows that leo-j, and the Wii would still sell as good if it was as powerful as the PS3. But if they just said $299 instead of $599 it would be a big ass seller, but it is not so don't pretend.

Cool, lol

On topic: Bioshock is turning into a big seller? WTF? It hasnt even come out yet.

I don't think there is any doubt of Bioshock selling well. The split between 360/PC sales is still unknown though.

Its on track to get the highest (overall) review scores EVER. Not something to ignore lightly.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

dtewi said:
I knew this was going to start into a flame war, guys stop NOW.

Not much else going on around these parts...maybe we all need to start a fire and dance around it a few times. 

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Hus said:
twesterm said:
Yeah, first the PS3 was going to kill during the launch. That never happened. Then it was going to kill once supply wasn't an issue. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Motorstorm came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Oblivion came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Virtua Fighter 5 came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when there was a price drop. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Ninja Gaiden Sigma came out. That never happened.

Do you see a pattern?

No pattern but i see lots of bs.

Since day one every one knew its Final Fantasy GranTurismo Gran theft Auto MetalGearSolid that will do the killing sure as shiet not VF5 or NGS.

Motorstor held off a 50k unit drop for about a month, not bad for a new ip.

You're right, games like Motorstorm did well and people do say games like FFXIII, GTAIV, and MGS4 will save the console. What I'm saying is that people keep saying the same exact thing about every game that has any kind of following.

Did you just ignore the people that kept saying all those things? Every time there's a large PS3 coming, it's always wait for x game...the storm is coming! The game sales decently and PS3 sales spike for a few weeks and then things go back to normal.

Finally, look at the Gamecube. Why didn't Metroid Prime 1 and 2 sell more consoles? Why didn't Super Mario Sunshine sell more consoles? Why didn't Eternal Darkness sell more consoles? Why didn't Super Smash Bros. Brawl sell more consoles? Why didn't Resident Evil 4 sell more consoles? You can ask the same exact thing about any of the pretty decent sized library of incredibly Wii games.

I dont recall anyone saying MOTORSTORM WILL MAKE THE PS3 KILL COMPETITORS. The reason why metroid didnt sell consoles is becuase of something called halo. All the hype on metroid went towards a better alien game(unortunately I said better "it does have better scores"). The reason why FF is going to move consoles is because it did for the ps1. GTA moved systems for the ps2 as well as mgs.

Now you are probably saying, yea and when killzone 2 comes out etc.. different time frame halo 3 will be old by then, and it has the possibility of being a "better" game.

mM

Well just don't post BS or get angry. That way it won't be a flame war

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

twesterm said:
Hus said:
twesterm said:
Yeah, first the PS3 was going to kill during the launch. That never happened. Then it was going to kill once supply wasn't an issue. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Motorstorm came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Oblivion came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Virtua Fighter 5 came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when there was a price drop. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Ninja Gaiden Sigma came out. That never happened.

Do you see a pattern?

No pattern but i see lots of bs.

Since day one every one knew its Final Fantasy GranTurismo Gran theft Auto MetalGearSolid that will do the killing sure as shiet not VF5 or NGS.

Motorstor held off a 50k unit drop for about a month, not bad for a new ip.

You're right, games like Motorstorm did well and people do say games like FFXIII, GTAIV, and MGS4 will save the console. What I'm saying is that people keep saying the same exact thing about every game that has any kind of following.

Did you just ignore the people that kept saying all those things? Every time there's a large PS3 coming, it's always wait for x game...the storm is coming! The game sales decently and PS3 sales spike for a few weeks and then things go back to normal.

Finally, look at the Gamecube. Why didn't Metroid Prime 1 and 2 sell more consoles? Why didn't Super Mario Sunshine sell more consoles? Why didn't Eternal Darkness sell more consoles? Why didn't Super Smash Bros. Brawl sell more consoles? Why didn't Resident Evil 4 sell more consoles? You can ask the same exact thing about any of the pretty decent sized library of incredibly Gamecube games.

Other then Kwaad who the hell said it?

PS3 is doing well enough with nothing, add a killer ap to it and yahh killing starts.

Other then RE you just mention the typical nintendo games, they wont sell hardware to anyone not a nintendo loyalist.

shams said:
leo-j said:
dtewi said:
Everone knows that leo-j, and the Wii would still sell as good if it was as powerful as the PS3. But if they just said $299 instead of $599 it would be a big ass seller, but it is not so don't pretend.

Cool, lol

On topic: Bioshock is turning into a big seller? WTF? It hasnt even come out yet.

I don't think there is any doubt of Bioshock selling well. The split between 360/PC sales is still unknown though.

Its on track to get the highest (overall) review scores EVER. Not something to ignore lightly.

Yea I know, but he said it has become a system seller.(It isn't yet), the game will sell well easily, but for it to be a system seller it needs to move more consoles during its launch period.

mM

I think Kwaad said Motorstorm would move 300k in March.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you