By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Ne One have the feeling...

shams said:

I don't think there is any doubt of Bioshock selling well. The split between 360/PC sales is still unknown though.

Its on track to get the highest (overall) review scores EVER. Not something to ignore lightly.

True true.

But it also lacks online play, thats not something to ignore as far as 360 sales are concered.  

Around the Network

Well other than the motion controls, low price point, multiple AAA titles the wii is just a regular console.

Don't say "other than" because in reality it's still there and people will recognize it.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

bdbdbd said:
twesterm said:
Yeah, first the PS3 was going to kill during the launch. That never happened. Then it was going to kill once supply wasn't an issue. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Motorstorm came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Oblivion came out. That never happened.  Then it was going to kill when Virtua Fighter 5 came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when there was a price drop. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Ninja Gaiden Sigma came out.  That never happened. 

Do you see a pattern?

But this time is different, it's going to have... Umm... Lot's of multiplatform titles. LOL @Leo-j: Haven't seen hype since launch... Well, Ferraris would also sell better, ie they would be priced like Yaris. Yeah, PS3 would sell a lot better, if it would be priced like PS2, but then it would have to be designed similarily to PS2. No processor, which designing have cost maybe up to even billion, no Blu-Ray, which manufacturing costs a lot, no latest video card... So, it wouldn't be the PS3, what we know today.

No. You are incorrect, the ps3 can be at $399.99 which is the price the ps2 was at launch, all they need to do is take out the EE and drop the HDD to 40gb. This would cost them the same as the 60gb during the luanch period.

mM
dtewi said:
Well other than the motion controls, low price point, multiple AAA titles the wii is just a regular console.

Don't say "other than" because in reality it's still there and people will recognize it.

AAA titles, you mean yet to be relsesed ones.

leo-j said:
bdbdbd said:
twesterm said:
Yeah, first the PS3 was going to kill during the launch. That never happened. Then it was going to kill once supply wasn't an issue. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Motorstorm came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Oblivion came out. That never happened.  Then it was going to kill when Virtua Fighter 5 came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when there was a price drop. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Ninja Gaiden Sigma came out.  That never happened. 

Do you see a pattern?

But this time is different, it's going to have... Umm... Lot's of multiplatform titles. LOL @Leo-j: Haven't seen hype since launch... Well, Ferraris would also sell better, ie they would be priced like Yaris. Yeah, PS3 would sell a lot better, if it would be priced like PS2, but then it would have to be designed similarily to PS2. No processor, which designing have cost maybe up to even billion, no Blu-Ray, which manufacturing costs a lot, no latest video card... So, it wouldn't be the PS3, what we know today.

No. You are incorrect, the ps3 can be at $399.99 which is the price the ps2 was at launch, all they need to do is take out the EE and drop the HDD to 40gb. This would cost them the same as the 60gb during the luanch period.

Where was PS2 399 at launch?

Around the Network
leo-j said:

40gb HDD will NOT lower the price, stop freaking posting it.

Hus said:
leo-j said:

40gb HDD will NOT lower the price, stop freaking posting it.

From 80 gigs it will. A couple of dollars or so.

mM

Twilight Princess was a AAA title, and yes multiple AAA titles to be released.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I agree that there is still alot of hype.

I agree that the price is too high.

The problem is will 360's lead be insurmountable and the library too robust, and the will the Wii be stealing all the attention away from the HD consoles for too long, before PS3 comes down to an affordable price range?

Who knows, I still think it could go either way for 360 v. PS3. I own a PS3 and not a 360 (anymore). I will probably never buy another MS console, because I think the hardware problems were shameful. But I can't say what other people will do.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:
I agree that there is still alot of hype.

I agree that the price is too high.

The problem is will 360's lead be insurmountable and the library too robust, and the will the Wii be stealing all the attention away from the HD consoles for too long, before PS3 comes down to an affordable price range?

Who knows, I still think it could go either way for 360 v. PS3. I own a PS3 and not a 360 (anymore). I will probably never buy another MS console, because I think the hardware problems were shameful. But I can't say what other people will do.

The 360 is the main problem for the ps3, if it werent there I think we would be seeing the ps3 at 12 or 13 million and the wii at 10 or 9 million. PS3 would have the most exclusives, and would be priced at $699.99 If that were so.

mM