By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Ne One have the feeling...

Hus said:
leo-j said:

No. You are incorrect, the ps3 can be at $399.99 which is the price the ps2 was at launch, all they need to do is take out the EE and drop the HDD to 40gb. This would cost them the same as the 60gb during the luanch period.

40gb HDD will NOT lower the price, stop freaking posting it.

Agree with Hus. Besides, EE was dropped from the 80GB model. PS2 was 299 at US launch, i believe. Anyway, leo, they just can't sell it with the same price as PS2, because PS3 is designed to be too expensive for that price.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Does the 80GB sans EE use software BC or is it not BC?

Leo-J, This is part of my reasoning that Sony should ignore the 360 and do like Nintendo did last gen... Don't worry about market share, focus on profit, keep the price as high as possible on hardware and software. They are still going to sell millions of games of certain franchises, FF and MGS are still going to make some spend the money. Who cares if someone else sells more if you make more? They need to shift to a profit model and extend the life cycle of PS3 beyond 5 years. MS should do the same thing.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I'm just impressed it's managed to outsell the 360 with no major game releases last month. Sure there was a price cut, but really, when it starts getting more games released soon (especially exclusives) I think sales are really gonna start going up.

65 manometer Cell and Rsx is when the big price drop happens.

Anything before that is bundles or special deals, stuff like that.

The PS3 would sell @ 399USD I can agree with that, but its not Sony messed up and now they're losing the console war.

By the time the Playstation is $399USD all the third parties will have their franchises on the Wii or 360. PS3 is a great console in its own right and will have great games, but most of them will be multiplat and a few decent first party titles.

Let's face the PS3 is the Gamecube of this generation with out the Nintendo software to back it up, but hey at least you get Blu-Ray.

Around the Network
Hus said:
twesterm said:
Hus said:

Other then Kwaad who the hell said it?

PS3 is doing well enough with nothing, add a killer ap to it and yahh killing starts.

Other then RE you just mention the typical nintendo games, they wont sell hardware to anyone not a nintendo loyalist.

What makes you think MGS4, and all sony first party games won't sell just to sony loyalists either

rasone77 said:

The PS3 would sell @ 399USD I can agree with that, but its not Sony messed up and now they're losing the console war.

By the time the Playstation is $399USD all the third parties will have their franchises on the Wii or 360. PS3 is a great console in its own right and will have great games, but most of them will be multiplat and a few decent first party titles.

Let's face the PS3 is the Gamecube of this generation with out the Nintendo software to back it up, but hey at least you get Blu-Ray.

Un no.

Theres no sign of any of the big 3rd party games going to the wii.

While everything on 360 can go to the Ps3 and is going to it, 360 is not doing well enough to warrent "no" Ps3 version.

LMAO you wish, i wonder how GC would have done if it had GTm GTA and FF.

But now 360 also has GTA so there goes one massive game down the crapper.

Hus said:
rasone77 said:

Un no.

Theres no sign of any of the big 3rd party games going to the wii.

While everything on 360 can go to the Ps3 and is going to it, 360 is not doing well enough to warrent "no" Ps3 version.

LMAO you wish, i wonder how GC would have done if it had GTm GTA and FF.

Franchises you mentioned (except GT) typically goes to the best selling platform. And that's not exactly irrelevant. Anyway, GC had Super Mario, Pokemon, Metroid Primes, Zelda, Star Fox, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. Which all are popular franchises. And they stay exlusive as long as Nintendo makes hardware. PS3 doesn't have that luxury. So couple 3rd party titles are pretty light stuff compared to Nintendos 1st party.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

leo-j said:
bdbdbd said:
twesterm said:
Yeah, first the PS3 was going to kill during the launch. That never happened. Then it was going to kill once supply wasn't an issue. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Motorstorm came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Oblivion came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Virtua Fighter 5 came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when there was a price drop. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Ninja Gaiden Sigma came out. That never happened.

Do you see a pattern?

But this time is different, it's going to have... Umm... Lot's of multiplatform titles. LOL @Leo-j: Haven't seen hype since launch... Well, Ferraris would also sell better, ie they would be priced like Yaris. Yeah, PS3 would sell a lot better, if it would be priced like PS2, but then it would have to be designed similarily to PS2. No processor, which designing have cost maybe up to even billion, no Blu-Ray, which manufacturing costs a lot, no latest video card... So, it wouldn't be the PS3, what we know today.

No. You are incorrect, the ps3 can be at $399.99 which is the price the ps2 was at launch, all they need to do is take out the EE and drop the HDD to 40gb. This would cost them the same as the 60gb during the luanch period.

You realise at this point a 40GB HDD would cost about the same as a 80GB HDD to produce, actually it might cost even more given the fact that 40 GB has mostly been abandonded andthey would need to start making them again.