By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Ne One have the feeling...

Why do people type "ne one"?

IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

there are 6 characters in "anyone", and 6 characters in "ne one," so I don't understand why "internet linguists" aka "AIM/Myspace/whatever speakers" seem to think "ne one" is an abbreviation. In fact it probably takes you longer to type by hitting the space bar and all. Not to mention it looks stupid...it doesn't take any more effort to just type the real words...especially in this case.

IF CHEWBACCA IS A WOOKIE, YOU MUST ACQUIT!

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

lol Ben. Ok OK i get the point i wont put "Ne One" again. except now Ne one.. ohh that felt good :) this almost feels like peer pressure

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000
RobMate said:
@rath:

Can do tell me what wii's bringing to older people?

Easy to use controls (dual analog sticks are a bugger for non gamers) and simple, fun games like Wii Sports. 

Those are the only two things that they needed to bring in older people, as long as consoles stick with the old dual analog based controllers I just dont think they can bring older gamers in. I dont think Sony or MS were really aiming for this market anyway.

Basically, your more likely to find my Grandma playing Wii Sports than any PS3 or X360 title, whether thats a good or a bad thing is up to you.

BenKenobi88 said:
Why do people type "ne one"?

IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

there are 6 characters in "anyone", and 6 characters in "ne one," so I don't understand why "internet linguists" aka "AIM/Myspace/whatever speakers" seem to think "ne one" is an abbreviation. In fact it probably takes you longer to type by hitting the space bar and all. Not to mention it looks stupid...it doesn't take any more effort to just type the real words...especially in this case.

IF CHEWBACCA IS A WOOKIE, YOU MUST ACQUIT!

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

I'm sorry, Chewbacca is your pet peeve?

That does not MAKE SENSE!

I quite agree Ben, from now on it must be 'ne1' as that is a mere three characters as opposed to six.

Around the Network
scorptile said:

the gamecube did have a FF game. and THAT ff game outsold each of the FF games on the ps2. GTA has a really bad rep now and if u didnt notice the software sales started to tank after vice city. as for those so called "big" three u have those companies already saying they are moving their efforts over to the wii/360 after those "big" three games come out. so after the "big" three hit the psp how did it do? thank come again, like he said the ps3 is the GCN this gen its not exciting and eye catching as the wii and i still say if it was priced with the 360 it would still be selling right along side the 360 like the GCN did. well until halo hit.

I can't figure if your post is full of sarcasm or just ignorance...
The only FF PS2 games Crystal Chronicles outsold were that Dirge of Cerebus one and FFXI and neither one hardly counts since one wasn't even an RPG and the other was a subscription MMO. San Andres sold more than Vice City and any game released since is a handheld game, so again not really comparable.
I would have thought your entire post was sarcastic except that the rest of it isn't far from the truth.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

It looks like PS3 won't even be able to beat Xbox 360 even this month... PS3 looks to be the biggest console failure since the Atari 5200.

scorptile said:

the gamecube did have a FF game. and THAT ff game outsold each of the FF games on the ps2.

It most certainly did not. FF: CC sold all of 1.36 million copies whereas FFX, FFX-2, and FFVII sold 7.95 million 5.21 million, and 4.94 million, respectively.

Anyway, the 360 and PS3 will have mostly the same third-party titles. Even with slow sales and various other mishaps, the only significant exlcusive that the PS3 has actually lost is Ace Combat 6. The others have simply gone multi-platform. The 360's sales aren't strong enough to warrant established franchises from the PS2 being developed exclusively for it. It sells decently in N. America, but it actually does worse than the PS3 in Europe and Japan, and that's without a price cut.

As far as Bioshock being a system-seller, I bloody well doubt it no matter what the reviews say. It'll probably sell 1-1.5 million copies, nearly all of which will be in N. America and to people who already have 360's. The sales of the 360 actually decreased when Lost Planet, GRAW2, and Forza 2 were released, so I don't see why this game is going to cause 360's to fly off the shelves. As a matter of fact, I'd say it ends up being another Lost Planet. Good reviews, a lot of hype, sells a million copies, but not a hardware mover at all.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

damkira said:

It looks like PS3 won't even be able to beat Xbox 360 even this month... PS3 looks to be the biggest console failure since the Atari 5200.

Only failure is you.

Try counting, vg numbers for the last week.

........Japan, USA, others
PS3 23000, 41500, 29900 = 94400
360  2700, 52500, 35000 = 90200

And PS3 is still in a software drought, its good games comng late Aug early Sept and the price cut was only for North America.

@ceres: Can't you tell from the thread title, that things like "Logic" and "Reeeeason" aren't welcome in here. :P

At teh Kiddies arguement: GTA is a game that is most appealing to teens and early 20's gamers, the nature of the game though makes it popular among the young'uns (same number of characters as "young ones") too. It's rated M, but that doesn't mean mature. It reminds me of the old NES v. Genesis commercials with the "Nintendon't" and "Super Power".

At the topic:I am going to try to do this with out any opinions...

World wide last week
Wii to PS3 = 2.5:1
X360 to PS3 = 1:1.2 (or 0.8:1 the other way)
Other 2 consoles to PS3 = 3.51:1
Other 2 Consoles to Wii = 0.7:1 (or 1.44:1 the other way)
Other 2 Consoles to 360 = 4.3:1

5 big exclusive (or timed exclusive) releases for each console for the rest of the year:
PS3: Heavenly Sword, Haze, Warhawk, UT3, Kane and Lynch
Wii: SMG, SSBB, MP3, Zack & Wiki, No More Heroes
X360: Halo3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata, Two Worlds

Done unbiased part.

My opinion is PS3 has the best 08 line up so far. GT5, FFXIII(cough... 09), MGS4. Can't beat those solid franchises, unless they are beaten of course ;) (Gears of War and Bioshock suddenly came to mind).

It goes with out saying though (which I am going to say) sales of hardware has almost nothing to do with the number of quality games on a console. Marketing, Positioning, Buzz.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.