By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Ne One have the feeling...

twesterm said:
Yeah, first the PS3 was going to kill during the launch. That never happened. Then it was going to kill once supply wasn't an issue. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Motorstorm came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Oblivion came out. That never happened.  Then it was going to kill when Virtua Fighter 5 came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when there was a price drop. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Ninja Gaiden Sigma came out.  That never happened. 

Do you see a pattern?

Excellent point.  Thank you, I couldn't possibly have remembered all of those.

Around the Network

Something else happened this week. Sony's main competitor (MS) just got a lot of hype for this little game called Bioshock. Now, I'm no MS fanboy, but this just became a system seller. It's Gears of War all over again. I'm not really certain that whatever perceived hype that Sony may have gotten at E3 will have any lasting effect. The increase in sales for the PS3 right now is nothing more than a result of a price cut and a bundle.

But, for the moment, I will assume you have some concrete evidence for why you feel that this Sony revival will occur. Please feel free to post some interesting analysis and comparissons. It would greatly strengthen your position.

Everone knows that leo-j, and the Wii would still sell as good if it was as powerful as the PS3. But if they just said $299 instead of $599 it would be a big ass seller, but it is not so don't pretend.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

i agree with leo-j about the ps3. I myself hated the ps1 and ps2 largly because of all the crap games on it (by this i mean the pure amount of shit that was allowed to be released). However PS3 is something I want to get because the games coming out seem to be at a hihger standard then on previous sony consoles but not for $999AUS. $500AUS definetly would.

dtewi said:
Everone knows that leo-j, and the Wii would still sell as good if it was as powerful as the PS3. But if they just said $299 instead of $599 it would be a big ass seller, but it is not so don't pretend.

Cool, lol

On topic: Bioshock is turning into a big seller? WTF? It hasnt even come out yet.

mM
Around the Network
Hus said:
twesterm said:
Yeah, first the PS3 was going to kill during the launch. That never happened. Then it was going to kill once supply wasn't an issue. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Motorstorm came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Oblivion came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Virtua Fighter 5 came out. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when there was a price drop. That never happened. Then it was going to kill when Ninja Gaiden Sigma came out. That never happened.

Do you see a pattern?

No pattern but i see lots of bs.

Since day one every one knew its Final Fantasy GranTurismo Gran theft Auto MetalGearSolid that will do the killing sure as shiet not VF5 or NGS.

Motorstor held off a 50k unit drop for about a month, not bad for a new ip.

You're right, games like Motorstorm did well and people do say games like FFXIII, GTAIV, and MGS4 will save the console. What I'm saying is that people keep saying the same exact thing about every game that has any kind of following.

Did you just ignore the people that kept saying all those things? Every time there's a large PS3 coming, it's always wait for x game...the storm is coming! The game sales decently and PS3 sales spike for a few weeks and then things go back to normal.

Finally, look at the Gamecube. Why didn't Metroid Prime 1 and 2 sell more consoles? Why didn't Super Mario Sunshine sell more consoles? Why didn't Eternal Darkness sell more consoles? Why didn't Super Smash Bros. Brawl sell more consoles? Why didn't Resident Evil 4 sell more consoles? You can ask the same exact thing about any of the pretty decent sized library of incredibly Gamecube games.

Galaxy hasn't even been reviewed yet but that will be big seller, and AAA titles always are.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

I have a feeling this is going to turn into a flame war, let's just stop now.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

RobMate said:

Ps3 is jsut gonna start ripping up the charts with the couple good games coming out... weather u notice it or not.. the hype around the ps3...

off topic.. my XBOT friend goes to me yesteday im seriously thinkin bout a ps3... maybe sony its converting some back?

My only request is that you review the SPELLING in thread titles (and posts) before posting please. Us mods can clean us messy posts, but we can't clean up messy thread titles.

I'm not sure how old you are (is English your main language?), but it shouldn't be that hard:

"Does no one have the feeling..."

(it wouldn't hurt to make it a little more descriptive either, i.e.:

"I have a feeling the PS3 is about to pick up - does anyone agree?")

...anyway... 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Killzone will start the killing. Wii and xbox blood will run like a tidal wave as the uber FPS slaughters everything in its path. Then a boost will come in the form of MGS and anahilating will really get going.

The prophecy will be fulfilld, i have seen it i believe it iam a part of it!!!