By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Maxim = Killzone 2 70%

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! GO 50 cents! show the world the true definition of "BEST GAME EVA".

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Strategyking92 said:
selnor said:
I will also just point out that no game that has ever reached AAA status and amazing sales has ever been hyped up to the massive.

Look at the original

Half Life

Halo

GTA

Gran Turismo

Far Cry

Mario Kart

Gears of War..... etc etc...

Look at big hyped games

LBP

KZ

Too Human

Daikatana

Etc...etc....

These games never reached amazing sales, you cant create a groundbreaking sales selling monster with hype. These monster sellers just appear, they happen. Same with films. Look at The Matrix, they released that 4 months apart from Episode 1 Phantom Menace. The Producers didnt epect alot in sales at all.

I'm pretty sure too human was not hyped. In fact, it was the butt of many jokes.

Hell, before the launch of it, there was only one hype thread about it on vgchartz.

Yeah, many took a "wait and see" approach to the game.  Gears of War, however, was extremely hyped.  I'm not sure why he's saying it wasn't.

im not sure why half those games are on that list..

Halo, hyped to holy hell

GTA, was hyped by R*

Gran Turismo was

Half-Life, not sure.

Gears, see my post earlier in this thread

The point is most of the games that sell well have been overhyped.

What?

The original Halo Bungie thought was gonna flop. Noone really new anything about it. When the reviews started coming in people just seemed to lap it up. Also the original GTA I didnt even here about that till 6 months after it was out.

Gran Turismo is another one. It wasnt until reviews that people thought I wanna play that game. As for Gears after E3 2006 because of people having played it there the media said it was awesome, M$ realised they were onto a winner and marketed it for the last 4 months before release.

KZ2 has been hyped heavily for over 2 years. Theirs the difference right there.

Infamous said:
uh, inb450centmoneyhattedthem

But seriously, this just shows how sad fanboys are living on hype, and how hype will always bring a game down, no matter how good or decent it truly is. What is this, the first review not connected to Sony? (lol megamer)

This topic is now about 50 cent. AAA rap icon game confirmed?! I predict Soulja Boy's game to be no less than 98% on Metacritic.

First page, like 10th post...

OT: I think to view this magazine's credibility, we need only to look at the cover:

Yeah, really credible reviewers.

For god's sakes, these people are worse than Variety! They gave Street Fighter IV a 3/5!

These people aren't even Metacritic approved. And it doesn't take a lot to be Metacritic approved. Variety is metacritic approved.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Is there any point in this thread?
the trolls are simply going to use this as proof of killzone 2 being a massive flop and the ps3 fanboys (myself included) are going to argue that you can't conclude anything from this review because (a) maxim is not a reputable source (b) we don't have access to the review and thus can't gauge the reasons why it scored as it did you can never tell what a game is like from one review in isolation and (d) there are almost always disparity between review scores because at the end of the day they are subjective (however, despite there being inconsistencies in review scores a 'consensus' will emerge, e.g. metacritic).

Honestly, some of you just can't help yourself, constantly flamebaiting others.

I'd like to see the text of the review before I comment.

Ignoring that, I'm sure Killzone 2 deserves more than 70, but itcertainly does not deserve the scores of 98 it has been getting.

Around the Network
scottie said:
I'd like to see the text of the review before I comment.

Ignoring that, I'm sure Killzone 2 deserves more than 70, but itcertainly does not deserve the scores of 98 it has been getting.

What makes you think it doesn't deserve a score of 98? Have you played the game? -.-

Why are you taking an intense interest in this game anyway. It's not like you'll be buying it...

Lad's mag prefers lads game shock!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

PS3 fans: What??!? a 70! that magazine is a terrible source!

360 fans: I always knew it was overhyped, Maxim is a great source!

Wii fans: -.-

"Guns don't kill people, Rappers do. I heard it on a documentary on BBC 2!" to quote the great GLC. As for Maxim, I would suggest much like the Sun, (English daily paper) because MS drops a lot of cash with them in advertising & Ad features that they are a little biased with their reviewing. Not that it matters who on earth are going to take the likes of the Sun and Maxim seriously for game reviews?

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

It would have been ok for them to give that score to Killzone2. But 50cent higher than that? LOL