Forums - Gaming Discussion - Maxim = Killzone 2 70%

chaospluto said:

That's blood...

Oh yeah! I see it now.

I would comment on how nice it looks but that'd make me sound like a psychopath

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Kantor said:

OT: I think to view this magazine's credibility, we need only to look at the cover:

Yeah, really credible reviewers.

OT: I think to view this magazine's credibility, we need only to look at the cover:

Yeah, really credible reviewers.

------

See how easy that is.

Actaully the PS Magazine is way more fitting for our audience. Just because it has laura croft's ars on the cover doesnt make a difference. Why dont you compare the rest of the cover versus just the pic. That right there shows the major difference.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

KylieDog said:
Maxim and its readers are obviously important enough that Maxim recieved a review copy.

actually its easy for any website or magazine to get review copies if you have a decent userbase or reader base. All you have to do is shoot PR reps a message and hope that they reply.

VGC is currently waiting on a response.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I urge everyone to stop debating with KylieDog you make his point of view apear stronger than it really is (when in truth it's not making any sense what so ever" i'll just demonstrate how flawed his posts are and leave it at that.

"Maxim got a copy because it's readers are likely to be buying video games , which makes the opinion worthwhile"

by "the opinion" i'm guessing you mean "their opinion" ? Firstly the first part of the statement gives has no relevance to the second part , usualy you'd say something like they have a long history in video games journalism therfore their opinion is worthwhile or they have a brilliant review team filled with talented critics therfore....and so on , you've failed to do that .

You then go on to say X's opinion is just as good as Y's because it's all really opinion . That's all good and well but when X sais ABC is garbage because " I just feel it's garbage and Y sais ABC is garbage because " Historyicaly this would indicate to me that...and in conclusion I believe this.." it shows can quality of opinion can differ . We all have opinion but we don't just ignore everyone elses opinion on that basis , we look to those who are best at articulating and justifying their opinions ( Ign , Gamespot etc ) and ignores those who have an opinion for the sake of having an opinion ( Maxim , FHM etc. )

It's clear your arguments are weak ,it's clear you picking at straws . Anyone who consistently argues a point he or others know to be weak it's either because he's a fanboy or simply just deluded .

Take you pick

"Maxim got a copy because its readers are likely to be buying video games, which makes the opinion worthwhile."

or maybe thy perdicted the review score like they admit indoing. LOL. cant believe people are still arguing about maxim

Around the Network

maxim: "Of course, we always prefer to [sic] hearing music, but sometimes there are big albums that we don't want to ignore that aren't available to hear, which is what happened with the Crowes. It's either an educated guess preview or no coverage at all, so in this case we chose the former"

Does 50 cent even rap anymore?

kyliedog - i really doubt we'd hear about it if it got 5 stars. this is actually the first i heard of ANY reviews from maxim and I know they have reviewed other high profile games (why hasn't anyone posted those? because it maxim). I did know they did reviews though but I also know they dont hold any water,

How important the review source is depends on how many people who read those reviews would be likely to buy the game anyways ...

A magazine like O (the official Oprah magazine) has so little overlap with the target demographic of Killzone 2 that its review score would be unimportant to the game. In contrast, Maxim's readership probably has a fairly large overlap with the target demographic of Killzone 2 and will hit many gamers who do not read reviews from sites like IGN (and don't know about metacritic or gamerankings).

ssj12 said:
KylieDog said:
Maxim and its readers are obviously important enough that Maxim recieved a review copy.

actually its easy for any website or magazine to get review copies if you have a decent userbase or reader base. All you have to do is shoot PR reps a message and hope that they reply.

VGC is currently waiting on a response.

I want to review it