By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Maxim = Killzone 2 70%

rubido said:
I can't believe it. 21 pages?!?!?!
One review does not mean the game will be bad. It also doesn't mean they are bad reviewers. It's their fucking opinion and no one has to agree with it.

Wow... just wow. I wonder how I'm still amazed at the reaction of some people. Some posts I saw... I don't even feel like replying right now.

Too much clicking. Set your threads per page higher. I'm only at the beginning of page 5.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Strategyking92 said:
selnor said:
I will also just point out that no game that has ever reached AAA status and amazing sales has ever been hyped up to the massive.

Look at the original

Half Life

Halo

GTA

Gran Turismo

Far Cry

Mario Kart

Gears of War..... etc etc...

Look at big hyped games

LBP

KZ

Too Human

Daikatana

Etc...etc....

These games never reached amazing sales, you cant create a groundbreaking sales selling monster with hype. These monster sellers just appear, they happen. Same with films. Look at The Matrix, they released that 4 months apart from Episode 1 Phantom Menace. The Producers didnt epect alot in sales at all.

I'm pretty sure too human was not hyped. In fact, it was the butt of many jokes.

Hell, before the launch of it, there was only one hype thread about it on vgchartz.

Yeah, many took a "wait and see" approach to the game.  Gears of War, however, was extremely hyped.  I'm not sure why he's saying it wasn't.

I didn't know SHIT about Gears of War. I just knew it wass a shooter by Epic. I was surprised to even learn it was TPS.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad then you were living under a rock. Gears is what got my friend to buy a 360 and that mad world comercial was on tv24/7

vlad321 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Strategyking92 said:
selnor said:
I will also just point out that no game that has ever reached AAA status and amazing sales has ever been hyped up to the massive.

Look at the original

Half Life

Halo

GTA

Gran Turismo

Far Cry

Mario Kart

Look at big hyped games

LBP

KZ

Too Human

Daikatana

Etc...etc....

These games never reached amazing sales, you cant create a groundbreaking sales selling monster with hype. These monster sellers just appear, they happen. Same with films. Look at The Matrix, they released that 4 months apart from Episode 1 Phantom Menace. The Producers didnt epect alot in sales at all.

I'm pretty sure too human was not hyped. In fact, it was the butt of many jokes.

Hell, before the launch of it, there was only one hype thread about it on vgchartz.

Yeah, many took a "wait and see" approach to the game.  Gears of War, however, was extremely hyped.  I'm not sure why he's saying it wasn't.

I didn't know SHIT about Gears of War. I just knew it wass a shooter by Epic. I was surprised to even learn it was TPS.

Where the hell were you after the E3 2006 presentation and when Emergence Day commercials started blowing up my TV set? Gears had monster advertising from Microsoft. Second only to Halo 3. The advertising was so good for the first it basically propelled the second to monster sales with nothing more than a good ad campaign.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

makingmusic476 said:
Strategyking92 said:
selnor said:

Look at the original

Half Life

Halo

GTA

Gran Turismo

Far Cry

Mario Kart

Look at big hyped games

LBP

KZ

Too Human

Daikatana

Etc...etc....

im not sure why half those games are on that list..

Halo, hyped to holy hell

GTA, was hyped by R*

Gran Turismo was

Half-Life, not sure.

Gears, see my post earlier in this thread

The point is most of the games that sell well have been overhyped.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
deathgod33 said:
hmmm, they've got guts to go against the killzone 2 hype machine. but what are their reasons?

Less guts... more being oblivious.  It's Maxim Magazine.

There game reviewers are probably just average people with videogame machines who work for the company and are up for the free games.

Unlike videogame reviewers... which are complete nerds who are up for the free games.

Really all reviwers are crap who don't really know anything outside of what they personally like.

Well not all... but vast majority.

lol kas or they billshitted the review like they did with the music. "sometimes is not availble and we need to take a guess" is what they said. lol people acting like maxim is credible lol lol lol

uh, inb450centmoneyhattedthem

But seriously, this just shows how sad fanboys are living on hype, and how hype will always bring a game down, no matter how good or decent it truly is. What is this, the first review not connected to Sony? (lol megamer)

This topic is now about 50 cent. AAA rap icon game confirmed?! I predict Soulja Boy's game to be no less than 98% on Metacritic.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Let's chill and wait till IGN

The 50 cents game probably has some half naked bitches running around. Maxim loves that shit.

Killzone lost points for not having a strip club location for any of the battles.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire