SamuelRSmith said:
selnor said:
SamuelRSmith said:
selnor said:
SamuelRSmith said:
selnor said:
SamuelRSmith said:
kowenicki said:
I urge you non-europeans to take the test I posted above and the see why the Brits (and particularly the English) are roundly pissed off with then European gravy train.

Not all British/English people are anti-EU; just the ignorant ones.

Um, all I can say is sod off. I'm English and entirely against the EU. I absolutely want no part of the EU. There are masses of reasons, but to give you an idea the EU police could take control of the country and there would be nothing the English could. Except we bloody would, If I had to defend my home as an English person for my English way of life I would do it to the death. 90% of English people feel that way.

Ignorance is not looking into the treaty and thinking everything is rosey with it. Look again. I very much want UK to stay clear of EU.

90% of English people feel this way? Then why did 2.2% of the electorate vote for UKIP in the last election? They didn't win a single seat. (The BNP won even fewer votes... only 0.7% of the electorate).

It seems very apparant, to me, that the majority of Brits wish to remain in the EU. And so what if they do, or don't? Most don't have a clue what EU membership entails.

LOL BNP is long known as being highly racist in the past. BNP are a massively failiure political party. I would never vote for them. Tell me why then when Mr faggot Gordon Brown said he would not let the public vote on whether they sign the treaty did the public go absolutely insane. Every single paper we have here was against and for good reason. I'll list afew

EU will be able to sign new treaties with other countries on UK behalf without consulting.

EU courts can pass new laws for UK without consulting.

If needs arise EU police can come in and run the bloody country.

I'm sorry but you obviously live in a tiny pocket somewhere in the UK that missed the national uproar over Gordon Brown and the EU treaty.

Mr Cameron has promised us a vote and on this alone I will voter for him. EU talk about M$ monopoly. When EU is a monopoly on the most horrible scale. It's basically conforming Europe to one way eventually, it's World War conformity on the sly. The same thing just without the war.

Because the public would be outraged by it, but that doesn't mean that the entire country is anti-EU, it's just that they viewed this as a direct attack on the sovereignty of Parliament, which it was. I didn't want the proposal to go through, does that make me anti-EU? No.

I certainly am against European Union. Europe as individual countries I love our brothers to bits. It's the Union itself that I detest with every last bone. EU is essentially a wolf in sheeps clothing. They are Hitler in a white robe. It's power hunger on the sly like I said. You mark my words.

An opinion isn't a general consensus. Whatever your personal views are on the EU don't necessarily reflect those of nation.

I understand everyone has opinions. But some people obviously put there head in the sand to. I ask you this. If EU is not power hungry then why did they even bother to put the afformentioned things in the treaty proposal?

"EU will be able to sign new treaties with other countries on UK behalf without consulting.

If needs arise EU police can come in and run the bloody country."

Even if they get taken out ( amongst other horrific proposals) they obviously wanted for this complete control. They will keep attempting to gain control of each piece no matter how long it takes.

I don't think I did say that the EU wasn't power hungry. I personally believe that some of the big highups in the EU do want the EU to essentially become an US of E. Which I happen to be against. The furthest I want to go is have the Euro EU wide, and for there to be an EU army (nations from within the EU should still be allowed to have an armed forces, but they won't need them, they could also make some ex-bloc members feel a little bit more secure, and it would really be beneficial to military technological development).

And I'm not sure whether it will go further than that, I mean, sure there may be power hungry people in there. But members might threaten to leave the union if they feel that new legislation and regulation wouldn't be in the best interest of their people. But, I don't think it will ever get that far. It might, I've been wrong before, but I doubt it.

Around the Network

If the whole EU thing doesn't work out, why don't the U.K just GTFO of the E.U? And if the U.K wants to act like some seperate party which goes against the system why don't they tell the U.K to join or GTFO?

I don't understand why the U.K gets this special priveledge to be a part of the E.U and yet not.

Tease.

kowenicki said:
@ squill

i like you... you are cool and all... but that was a load of bollocks.

Probably..

12 time zones will do that to ya!

Tease.

Only a vgc thread starting with EU legislation against M$ could conclude with a consensus on the goodness of hob nobs lol.

The thread seems to have split into many mini threads but i'll give it a go:

IE: If no IE exclusive then all the other browsers would have to be peddled elsewhere, either through Windows install or in the shops, either way it will cost money and the consumer will probably be the one losing out in the end, really speaking, they wouldnt be bothered about M$ if they werent good at selling products, so really they are just being fined for being successful.

EU: If there was anything worth having in the treaty it would have been an easy sell to people a long time ago, the ireland fiasco has already proven to us that we will only be allowed a referendum as long as we vote 'yes', EU democracy at it's best! They can stick it right up their arse, go back to 1984 where they belong. And the next time you meet someone is pro-eu, just ask them whether or not their parents are long time labour supporters, that will answer everything you need to know about their 'well thought out political belief system'.

Hob Nobs: yum.

^My family tend to vote Conservative party. They were, of course, the party that brought us into the EU. And it was Labour who held a referendum about leaving the EU some years later.

I'm not a Tory, either, and political debates can get heated when my grandparents come over.

Around the Network

If people want a different browser, they will install a different browser. Are they trying to say they don't think Europeans are capable of doing this? How is the competition being harmed if their software is not being hindered in anyway. Perhaps what many say is true; what the EU is really after is MS's money. They are as bad as OPEC.

NJ5 said:
Pristine20 said:
Feylic said:
Lol, so if MS stops bundling IE, how will anyone go online to download firefox or anything else?!!?

I wonder...

FTP / CD distributions / Getting it from a friend or another PC / Pre-installed by the PC manufacturer.

Your average internet user isn't going to know how to use FTP, I've never seen a CD distribution of a browser. Getting it from another computer would be good, but you'd be suprised how many people don't know how to transfer files between computers easily... even with usb memory sticks so wildly avaliable. Pre installed would be good, manufacturers should let you choose, as long as they don't charge for the free browsers..

Snake said:
MrBubbles said:
ps3 and wii...better watch out, cause you 2 are next. lol

as i have said previously...its time for microsoft to hire an army and start taking over their countries. the europeans are just jealous that microsoft makes more money than most of their countries.

YES, if you ignore that Russia makes more money in 1 year by selling gas to western Europe than Microsoft in 6 years. if you ignore France, Spain, Italy and Portugal makes more money in 2 year in tourism s than Microsoft in 4. I am sorry but comparing countries with the company is kinda stupid

2 year of a lot of tourism enterprises make more money than 4 year of a single company? Not wrong, more worrying that a single company earns 1/2 of a whole important section of economy of entire countries. Even more worrying is that it has a monopoly and its OS is preinstalled on almost 90% of PC's sold. About Russia, well, that's worrying too, but tourism isn't, not even its biggest companies are somehow close to having a monopoly.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

selnor said:
SamuelRSmith said:
selnor said:
SamuelRSmith said:
kowenicki said:
I urge you non-europeans to take the test I posted above and the see why the Brits (and particularly the English) are roundly pissed off with then European gravy train.

Not all British/English people are anti-EU; just the ignorant ones.

Um, all I can say is sod off. I'm English and entirely against the EU. I absolutely want no part of the EU. There are masses of reasons, but to give you an idea the EU police could take control of the country and there would be nothing the English could. Except we bloody would, If I had to defend my home as an English person for my English way of life I would do it to the death. 90% of English people feel that way.

Ignorance is not looking into the treaty and thinking everything is rosey with it. Look again. I very much want UK to stay clear of EU.

90% of English people feel this way? Then why did 2.2% of the electorate vote for UKIP in the last election? They didn't win a single seat. (The BNP won even fewer votes... only 0.7% of the electorate).

It seems very apparant, to me, that the majority of Brits wish to remain in the EU. And so what if they do, or don't? Most don't have a clue what EU membership entails.

LOL BNP is long known as being highly racist in the past. BNP are a massively failiure political party. I would never vote for them. Tell me why then when Mr faggot Gordon Brown said he would not let the public vote on whether they sign the treaty did the public go absolutely insane. Every single paper we have here was against and for good reason. I'll list afew

EU will be able to sign new treaties with other countries on UK behalf without consulting.

If needs arise EU police can come in and run the bloody country.

I'm sorry but you obviously live in a tiny pocket somewhere in the UK that missed the national uproar over Gordon Brown and the EU treaty.

Mr Cameron has promised us a vote and on this alone I will voter for him. EU talk about M$ monopoly. When EU is a monopoly on the most horrible scale. It's basically conforming Europe to one way eventually, it's World War conformity on the sly. The same thing just without the war.

Ah, 70's and 80's BBC, sorely missed. Never again will a public TV raise to such heights.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).