By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft accused of infringing EU rules

SamuelRSmith said:
kowenicki said:
I urge you non-europeans to take the test I posted above and the see why the Brits (and particularly the English) are roundly pissed off with then European gravy train.

Not all British/English people are anti-EU; just the ignorant ones.

Um, all I can say is sod off. I'm English and entirely against the EU. I absolutely want no part of the EU. There are masses of reasons, but to give you an idea the EU police could take control of the country and there would be nothing the English could. Except we bloody would, If I had to defend my home as an English person for my English way of life I would do it to the death. 90% of English people feel that way.

Ignorance is not looking into the treaty and thinking everything is rosey with it. Look again. I very much want UK to stay clear of EU.

Around the Network

Now i don't really like microsoft in particular.. But how the hell do they suggest we download a different browser if ms were to stop bundling IE with windows ? where did the logic train get off.

Check out my game about moles ^

selnor said:
SamuelRSmith said:
kowenicki said:
I urge you non-europeans to take the test I posted above and the see why the Brits (and particularly the English) are roundly pissed off with then European gravy train.

Um, all I can say is sod off. I'm English and entirely against the EU. I absolutely want no part of the EU. There are masses of reasons, but to give you an idea the EU police could take control of the country and there would be nothing the English could. Except we bloody would, If I had to defend my home as an English person for my English way of life I would do it to the death. 90% of English people feel that way.

Ignorance is not looking into the treaty and thinking everything is rosey with it. Look again. I very much want UK to stay clear of EU.

I'm english too and can comfortably say that  I have no idea what your talking about , EU police ? exactly who or what is this organisation your reffering to ?

England depends heavily on the EU for it's economic stability , England breaking it's ties with the EU would be like cutting your wrists and sittin' still.

Anyone with a brain just downloads Firefox. People have a choice to do that.

Snake said:
MrBubbles said:
ps3 and wii...better watch out, cause you 2 are next. lol

as i have said previously...its time for microsoft to hire an army and start taking over their countries. the europeans are just jealous that microsoft makes more money than most of their countries.

YES, if you ignore that Russia makes more money in 1 year by selling gas to western Europe than Microsoft in 6 years. if you ignore France, Spain, Italy and Portugal makes more money in 2 year in tourism s than Microsoft in 4. I am sorry but comparing countries with the company is kinda stupid

yes...if you ignore most of europe.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
kowenicki said:
MrBubbles said:
kowenicki said:
@ mrbubbles

dont count me in with that bunch!!

i hardly consider the UK to be "european" .  in fact, if you want... i'll even let you guys move your island closer to NA.(provided you send SamuelIRSmith to one of the euro countries first, of course)

Well.... he is in essex so we can send him to france quite easily...

Ship the ropes over... I'll tie them to liverpool and cornwall.... then get all your mates together and start pulling!!!

You are definetly in the minority if you wan't the UK to be closer to the US.

being so close to Canada makes up for it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

NinjaKido said:
selnor said:
SamuelRSmith said:
kowenicki said:

I'm english too and can comfortably say that  I have no idea what your talking about , EU police ? exactly who or what is this organisation your reffering to ?

England depends heavily on the EU for it's economic stability , England breaking it's ties with the EU would be like cutting your wrists and sittin' still.

Dude do you not know what is in the treaty for us to join EU? If we sign the current treaty, then if certain circumstances arose the EU have their own kinda police. They would by the treaty signing be allowed to run the country under their guidelines. You really should have a look at what the EU proposal has in it. Politics would change entirely, and make it very difficult for UK and US to be as they are together. Like it or not, Britain and US are very good allies and considering that both these countries have some of the best trained forces in the world means good protection for both countries.

Look it up on the net there is loads on it, also how the hell did you miss when the papers here in UK brought this out. It was in the news for like 2 weeks. 

SamuelRSmith said:
Good. They should tackle Apple next about abusing their power with iPods to push iTunes.

you know there are other mp3 players out there. and if you reallly really dont like itunes there are 3rd party products, but getting mad at apple for ipod/itunes is like getting mad at apple for mac/osx   for them its one product.   

on top of that you dont have to use the itunes store, itues gladly takes your cds, or other nonportected files like the ones for amazon. and if you want to strip an itunes songs drm all you have to do is burn it to a cd  (playlists are limited to 3 burns, but each track has no limit)

also apple/itunes has no where near the strangle hold on mp3 player, music sales, music jukebox programs, that  MS had/has on the browser market. 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

kowenicki said:
seece said:
kowenicki said:
@ tombi... you know this for a fact do you? dont use words like definitley when it is your opinion.

we already are closer to the US than europe in so many ways. Sick of students (particularly from the south) talking politics.....

*cough* Whats wrong with people from the south? exactly?!

well... thery're... er... nearer to europe!

Well I was a student a little while ago and I live in the South and I'm against the EU, so there

So if they don't bundle explorer with Windows how are the vast majority of people who know almost nothing about computers going to actually get online to download a good web browser?