By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft accused of infringing EU rules

kowenicki said:
The EU are a bunch of overpaid non elected commissioners (usually failed politicians) who have been pissing all right minded people off for a very long time.

wrong shaped bananas anyone?

The worst President of EU Commission was our Romano Prodi, he even managed to have EU fined by WTO when Europe refused hormone additives in livestock breeding and importing of so treated animals' meat as he didn't invoke a WTO article that could let EU ban them without being fined...

Anyhow, when EU bashes monopolists it's one of the few times I fully agree.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
if you really want to know why the EU is doing this...its because the European maker of Opera complained to them. so the europeans feel they have to stick together to fight US hegemony...(plus their jealousy)

Opera rocks!!!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

MrBubbles said:
kowenicki said:
@ mrbubbles

dont count me in with that bunch!!

i hardly consider the UK to be "european" .  in fact, if you want... i'll even let you guys move your island closer to NA.(provided you send SamuelIRSmith to one of the euro countries first, of course)

Actually don't bother thanks. Europe > NA politically.

kowenicki said:
MrBubbles said:
kowenicki said:
@ mrbubbles

i hardly consider the UK to be "european" .  in fact, if you want... i'll even let you guys move your island closer to NA.(provided you send SamuelIRSmith to one of the euro countries first, of course)

Well.... he is in essex so we can send him to france quite easily...

Ship the ropes over... I'll tie them to liverpool and cornwall.... then get all your mates together and start pulling!!!

You are definetly in the minority if you wan't the UK to be closer to the US.

kowenicki said:
SamuelRSmith said:
kowenicki said:
I urge you non-europeans to take the test I posted above and the see why the Brits (and particularly the English) are roundly pissed off with then European gravy train.

Not all British/English people are anti-EU; just the ignorant ones.

Or are too young, idealistic and naive and dont have to run a business under the current european and domestic regimes.

Well, I may not, but my dad does, he has no problem with them. I spend many hours a week studying the EU and how it effects how things are done, so I'm hardly naive.

Young and idealistic, perhaps, but those are hardly bad qualities.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@ tombi... you know this for a fact do you? dont use words like definitley when it is your opinion.

we already are closer to the US than europe in so many ways. Sick of students (particularly from the south) talking politics.....

*cough* Whats wrong with people from the south? exactly?!

MrBubbles said:
kowenicki said:
@ mrbubbles

Why do people always spell my username wrong?

Lol, so if MS stops bundling IE, how will anyone go online to download firefox or anything else?!!?

Why do Europeans get so mad and threaten anti-competiton fines from major US corporations such as Microsoft, Google, Apple, Intel?

Answer: Because they can. Getting a billion $ from these huge American companies is easy money.

Hypocritically. why does EU give Airbus government funding and subsidies while the US government doesn't give the same incentives to Boeing.
That is the definition of Anti-competitveness.

MrBubbles said:
ps3 and wii...better watch out, cause you 2 are next. lol

as i have said previously...its time for microsoft to hire an army and start taking over their countries. the europeans are just jealous that microsoft makes more money than most of their countries.

YES, if you ignore that Russia makes more money in 1 year by selling gas to western Europe than Microsoft in 6 years. if you ignore France, Spain, Italy and Portugal makes more money in 2 year in tourism s than Microsoft in 4. I am sorry but comparing countries with the company is kinda stupid