By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OK its true, 360 do have a RROD problem.

I've actually never had one of them die with a RROD. Two disc drive failures tho, ugh. At least it never costed me a dime, besides ofc the annoyance and a grand total of six weeks without a X360.

Bought it in december 2005, hope it stays alive. If anything happens it's time to get a new one.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

Instead of the RROD problem, the xbox 360 is one of the best console of all time...

yeah...16 months ago it was still a problem.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Sylvain316 said:
Instead of the RROD problem, the xbox 360 is one of the best console of all time...

It sure is, right after the SNES, NES, PS1, N64, PS2, Dreamcast, and so much more. :D

RROD is bs, almost everyone I know with a 360 has had it, though the replacement was a good MS move, just takes a few weeks.

Sucks, don't it

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
You were unfortunate to have bought an old console.

The X360 hasn't had the RROD problem in a long time.

Nice spin.  *Most* people who've ever bought a 360 have, for the purposes of being likely to be hit by RRoD, an "old console".  So that doesn't minimize the damage.

What's a "long time"?  Considering 360 units are still going down like flies, and the extent of the problem is still growing as they do.

mrstickball said:
You said yourself that the Elite was purchased 16 months ago, and may have been manufactured even longer ago.

What was the batch # on the Elite? Chances are it wasn't even a Falcon. We've always argued that the newer X360s are fine (Falcons and Jaspers) not the prior ones.

Again, please give us batch number. It should be something like 740, or around that.

I bought my 360 16 months ago and the manufacturing date is 2006-07-11 !!!! (But I'm not sure which number is the month and which number the day ^^)

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=53673

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Slimebeast said:
You were unfortunate to have bought an old console.

The X360 hasn't had the RROD problem in a long time.

Nice spin.  *Most* people who've ever bought a 360 have, for the purposes of being likely to be hit by RRoD, an "old console".  So that doesn't minimize the damage.

What's a "long time"?  Considering 360 units are still going down like flies, and the extent of the problem is still growing as they do.

(emphasis mine)

You do have any sort of official data available to claim that or it's just a trolling attempt just like your combination of username and avatar?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

you xbox fanatics are funny as hell. if i ever get RRoD once i get it back it will be sold. I cant support hardware that will continue to break. Ill wait for a slim 360 version if that is still in the plans rather then go down the same trapped road twice.