By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OK its true, 360 do have a RROD problem.

xlost7 said:
Can you make sure if its a new model (Falcon or Jasper) before declaring that RROD is still here//because those new models don't RROD @ all. I'm going on to a year with my Falcon Xbox 360//its still alive and running strong.

You either had the early model 360 and Microsoft shipped you backed a bad apple again. Just go and buy a new Arcade for $200. Then you will be satisfied with the Xbox 360.

I remember an article at Anandtech that argued RROD might not entirely be wiped before the Jasper iteration. They did label their their position as "wild speculation" tho.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
xlost7 said:
Can you make sure if its a new model (Falcon or Jasper) before declaring that RROD is still here//because those new models don't RROD @ all. I'm going on to a year with my Falcon Xbox 360//its still alive and running strong.

You either had the early model 360 and Microsoft shipped you backed a bad apple again. Just go and buy a new Arcade for $200. Then you will be satisfied with the Xbox 360.

I did this, and got a new HD too. Having the HDMI, running cooler and quieter really rocks.

@ PS3 bots: Before you say something crazy - AGAIN - and mention RROD, please google RROD to understand what you are talking about. Otherwise, you look rather ignant spouting off outdated info.

Newer models - and even the units sent back for repair now - have the newer boards in them. The newly manufactured units run cooler - way cooler, quieter and use less wattage.

@Bitmap Frogs

Look @ it like this, th OP 360 is a earlier model//its confirmed.

The Falcon/Jasper 360's are not going to elminate the RROD (because the design of the 360 is horrible when it comes to elminating heat). More so it will make the percentage decline, which in result gives you a better chance having a sucessful console like me.

I have no problems. My Falcon 360 hasn't locked up, haven't had any glitches whatsoever. Let alone there hasn't even been any reports on Falcons or Jaspers failing.

If we do get a failing story its more than likely a launch console owner just saying they recently got RROD and they are saying its still here as a result the problem is quite solved now.

bonkers555 said:

Ok heres what happen.  I bought my first 360 when it first came out.  It got the RROD after a year and I sent back to M$ to get it fixed.  The second 360 came back and after 8 months it got the RROD again.  At this point I'm pretty pissed about the who shipping it back and forth to get it fixed.  So I did send the second 360 back to get it fixed and while I was waiting for it to come back I went out and decided to buy a Brand New 360 Elite which I heard didn't have the RROD problems.  You all can guess what happen next right.  MY FUCKIN ELITE GOT THE RROD LAST NIGHt AFTER 16 MONTHS OF HAVING IT. 

So I call the M$ customer service to see if my Warranty was still good.  Guess what.  Found out that the Elite only have a 1 year Warranty on it and my was expired 4 months ago.  But I found out something that I didn't know.  If you get the RROD, M$ will fixed it for free without warranty.  So I have to mail out my Elite next week to get it repaired and I'm stuck with only my Wii and PS3 for the next few weeks.  I love my Wii and I might play some SSBB again and I might have to play my PS3 which I haven't use for gaming since July.

is it really cool to use "M$" instead of MS??

but doens't the "fixed" 360 have a chance of rrod?

i had a wii not being able to read games, and ps3 with the sam problem and that 360 it's looking less likely everyday.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
but doens't the "fixed" 360 have a chance of rrod?

i had a wii not being able to read games, and ps3 with the sam problem and that 360 it's looking less likely everyday.

My 360 lasted for well over a year before it RROD'd. And that was after a move across country, and locked in a hot vault for two months.

MS fessed up, repaired the units and will likely keep repairing them until they get it right. Most folks, however, will just give up and either sell their console and games or get a new Arcade. I gave my old 360 to my son for Christmas. I bought a new Arcade that is much more reliable and has updated features. I don't need the chrome shining back at me.

@Jo21

"360 it's looking less likely everyday"

hehe.troll comment right there first and foremost. And its looking less likely to you cause your buying into all these threads that have the first poster saying their "LAUNCH OR OLDER MODEL" 360 is RROD, not a recently purchased...let me say it again "RECENTLY" purchased 360. A RECENTLY purchased 360 has a FALCON and JASPER motherboard which then turns the high-death ratio of a RECENT 360 RROD smaller.

xlost7 said:
@Jo21

"360 it's looking less likely everyday"

hehe.troll comment right there first and foremost. And its looking less likely to you cause your buying into all these threads that have the first poster saying their "LAUNCH OR OLDER MODEL" 360 is RROD, not a recently purchased...let me say it again "RECENTLY" purchased 360. A RECENTLY purchased 360 has a FALCON and JASPER motherboard which then turns the high-death ratio of a RECENT 360 RROD smaller.

how is that troll comment i am planning on buying one O_o.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=53673

You can use this link to inform people of your RROD. I don't want these clouding up the forums any longer.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.