By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OK its true, 360 do have a RROD problem.

grimygunz said:
you xbox fanatics are funny as hell. if i ever get RRoD once i get it back it will be sold. I cant support hardware that will continue to break. Ill wait for a slim 360 version if that is still in the plans rather then go down the same trapped road twice.

I'm sorry I can hear you over the sound of the empty boxes of many ps2s me and my friends had to rebuy several times. Pedro (Peter) has the record amongst our gang at 5.

If the games deliver, the games deliver.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Slimebeast said:
You were unfortunate to have bought an old console.

The X360 hasn't had the RROD problem in a long time.

Nice spin. *Most* people who've ever bought a 360 have, for the purposes of being likely to be hit by RRoD, an "old console". So that doesn't minimize the damage.

What's a "long time"? Considering 360 units are still going down like flies, and the extent of the problem is still growing as they do.

Troll much?

Unless you give a link to fresh statistics, you are pulling them out of your arse.

*waiting for a link or source for his claim-lie ...*

@ Gunz - haha ... funny man. I had to replace two PS2s ... yeah, I'm on par with my 360 - and I still have that one. Repaired twice and bought a new Arcade that runs much, much cooler and quieter.

When you toss it, let me know. PM me your games and I'll make you a nice deal to take those POCs off your hands.

There's 3 years warranty on all models with the 3ROD. No ifs, buts or whats about it.

It is 3 red rings, isn't it?

Goto http://support.xbox.com/ Register your console, then goto repair your console. Fill out details, print packing slip, sent to MS, and you should get it back in 1 to 2 weeks. It's the quickest and easiest way to do it.

This thread was not meant be a Flamebait. If M$ would of refuse to fix my 360 I was planing to sell my PS3 to pick up two 360 Arcade system. I would be stuck with 30+ Blu-Ray movies but Blu-Ray players are dirt cheap these days.

I'm not pissed that my 360 got the RROD but I'm pissed that I can't get to play my 360 games right now. I just purchase Mass Effect and Last Remanant yesterday.

bonkers555 said:
This thread was not meant be a Flamebait. If M$ would of refuse to fix my 360 I was planing to sell my PS3 to pick up two 360 Arcade system. I would be stuck with 30+ Blu-Ray movies but Blu-Ray players are dirt cheap these days.

I'm not pissed that my 360 got the RROD but I'm pissed that I can't get to play my 360 games right now. I just purchase Mass Effect and Last Remanant yesterday.

I feel your pain mine RROD Sunday and I just got fable2 and Eternal Sonata...

Former something....

Around the Network

You're lucky.
My 360 RROD as well, and my Wii stopped reading discs. I'd send that to get fixed, but my dad grounded me and my brother for my brother lying (that makes sense, doesn't it?) so he took my broken Wii and hid it.

Cant you just wrap it in towels or something? I saw some guy on TV do that.

Batman...WTF? said:
You're lucky.
My 360 RROD as well, and my Wii stopped reading discs. I'd send that to get fixed, but my dad grounded me and my brother for my brother lying (that makes sense, doesn't it?) so he took my broken Wii and hid it.

Wii's have a rep about being rock-solid. Your's failed? I also was unlucky on that one. Had to have mine sent to Nintendo to ship me back a new one, they had a weird bug where the update process would directly write the downloaded firmware ontop of the already existing one without waiting for it to download and after checking integrity. It bricked a few of the early Wii's.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Can you make sure if its a new model (Falcon or Jasper) before declaring that RROD is still here//because those new models don't RROD @ all. I'm going on to a year with my Falcon Xbox 360//its still alive and running strong.

You either had the early model 360 and Microsoft shipped you backed a bad apple again. Just go and buy a new Arcade for $200. Then you will be satisfied with the Xbox 360.

NO NEED TO BUY A NEW MODEL. http://support.xbox.com/

DONT GO THROUGH PHONE SUPPORT. YOUR 360 IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY.

*sigh*