By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OK its true, 360 do have a RROD problem.

Ok heres what happen.  I bought my first 360 when it first came out.  It got the RROD after a year and I sent back to M$ to get it fixed.  The second 360 came back and after 8 months it got the RROD again.  At this point I'm pretty pissed about the who shipping it back and forth to get it fixed.  So I did send the second 360 back to get it fixed and while I was waiting for it to come back I went out and decided to buy a Brand New 360 Elite which I heard didn't have the RROD problems.  You all can guess what happen next right.  MY FUCKIN ELITE GOT THE RROD LAST NIGHt AFTER 16 MONTHS OF HAVING IT. 

So I call the M$ customer service to see if my Warranty was still good.  Guess what.  Found out that the Elite only have a 1 year Warranty on it and my was expired 4 months ago.  But I found out something that I didn't know.  If you get the RROD, M$ will fixed it for free without warranty.  So I have to mail out my Elite next week to get it repaired and I'm stuck with only my Wii and PS3 for the next few weeks.  I love my Wii and I might play some SSBB again and I might have to play my PS3 which I haven't use for gaming since July.

Around the Network

I'm sorry you have had the unpleasent experience of RROD. Hopefully it was your last.

There have been some pretty good PS3 games out these last few months, so you should find enough to keep you busy before your elite gets back :)

good luck at least you don't have to pay shipping like my friend.
at least is free for a while.

I hope to god mine doesnt get rrod, i cant stand the hassle

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

You were unfortunate to have bought an old console.

The X360 hasn't had the RROD problem in a long time.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

I really thought that buying a Brand New Elite will protect me from futre RROD.  Guess I was wrong about that.

bonkers555 said:
Slimebeast said:

I really thought that buying a Brand New Elite will protect me from futre RROD.  Guess I was wrong about that.

Yeah, but it was brand new 16 months ago lol. The hardware heat issues were only partly resolved in 2007.

Please try one thing for me as my Elite got an RROD, but I fixed it about 5 months ago and haven't had any problems since. To start with, unplug the cables and plug them back in again. It probably won't work, but this is just to check its not a loose cable. If you still get an RROD, turn the console off and from the front, place your left hand against the left side of your console to steady it, and with your right hand tap 3 times with your hand (or finger) the side (somewhere near the centre) of the console with medium / firm touch. Turn the console back on and see if it works.

Sounds a bit crazy, but I did that to mine and it worked fine after that. Since you have nothing else to lose you may as well see if it works before the hassle of sending it off and losing it for a couple of weeks.

tronied said:

Please try one thing for me as my Elite got an RROD, but I fixed it about 5 months ago and haven't had any problems since. To start with, unplug the cables and plug them back in again. It probably won't work, but this is just to check its not a loose cable. If you still get an RROD, turn the console off and from the front, place your left hand against the left side of your console to steady it, and with your right hand tap 3 times with your hand (or finger) the side (somewhere near the centre) of the console with medium / firm touch. Turn the console back on and see if it works.

Sounds a bit crazy, but I did that to mine and it worked fine after that. Since you have nothing else to lose you may as well see if it works before the hassle of sending it off and losing it for a couple of weeks.

I just try that and it didn't work.  Maybe its just best for them to repair it. 

I PROMISE YOU GUYS THIS THOUGH, AS MUCH AS I LOVE MY 360 IF I GET ONE MORE RROD AFTER THIS I WILL GIVE UP ON THE 360!

There is a stickied thread for RRoD issues.