By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - should i get a 360 elite or hold out for a ps3

footbag said:

I have a 360 and I just bought a PS3. The PS3 is worthless for the next year and I'm considering selling it. The 360 has a lot of great games and Xbox live is amazing. The downloadable content is amazing. Everything from Comedy Central shows, To movies, to games. You won't be disappointed with the 360.

Based on what I've seen, I'm not sure the PS3 will ever surpass the 360 in performance.  And the 360 currently has far superior graphics. 

Greatest example of an IDIOT or Fanboi.... u decide

1) has a 360

2)JUST bought a PS3

3)Now finds PS3 useless

4)360 currently has far superior graphics

If you actualy believe topic 1 3 and 4 WHY the hell would 2 happen. whole post seems like alot of #2 to me

(#2 being poop)

Around the Network

I just bought a PS3 and frankly, I'm unimpressed. The Heavenly Sword demo was terribly disappointing and I was even more disappointed once I popped in God of War to do a quick head-to-head on the game. GoW is vastly superior and IMO, loads more fun. Lair is also kinda "meh". It has some strong points but there are a few things that take away from the experience (I'm not sold on the SixAxis controls for the game... hopefully there's an option to use standard controls in the full version of the game).

The PS3 does upscale PS2 games wonderfully (God of War looked brilliant on my TV) and the Blu-Ray player is nice. But if you're looking forward to games, the only game left this year that really has me excited is Uncharted whereas the 360 has BioShock, Halo 3, and Mass Effect coming this year along with some JRPGs such as Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata.

In short, if you only buy one, I'd go for a 360. The PS3 probably isn't going to excite me until late 2008 and the 360 already has a boatload of games worth playing RIGHT NOW.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

stonj said:
im sure the elite has had a price cut so its like $380 now or something
so its obviously a better choice than a B$3

hmm.. B$3... original.. just as original as the PiiOs or 3$h!ty.

the Elite is $450 btw so $50 more for the 60GB PS3 isnt that big of a deal, plus if he wanted to go for the credit card deal thing that lowers it $150 more and you get 5 free Blu-ray movies with the console too. Its a major deal if you think about it. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

XBOX 360 Elite. Why? -more quality current & upcoming games, less expensive. free 3 months of XBOX Live Gold, 3 YEAR WARRANTY!!! Bigger (120 GB) Hard-Drive. Maybe You should wait till September and get the Halo 3 Bundle. I Only Have A Wii, but I Have Played Both The 360 and PS3, *No Flaming PLZ* and I must say the 360 is superior than the PS3 in my opinion.

Or... You could always save the money and just buy more Wii Games...

rocketpig said:
I just bought a PS3 and frankly, I'm unimpressed. The Heavenly Sword demo was terribly disappointing and I was even more disappointed once I popped in God of War to do a quick head-to-head on the game. GoW is vastly superior and IMO, loads more fun. Lair is also kinda "meh". It has some strong points but there are a few things that take away from the experience (I'm not sold on the SixAxis controls for the game... hopefully there's an option to use standard controls in the full version of the game).

The PS3 does upscale PS2 games wonderfully (God of War looked brilliant on my TV) and the Blu-Ray player is nice. But if you're looking forward to games, the only game left this year that really has me excited is Uncharted whereas the 360 has BioShock, Halo 3, and Mass Effect coming this year along with some JRPGs such as Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata.

In short, if you only buy one, I'd go for a 360. The PS3 probably isn't going to excite me until late 2008 and the 360 already has a boatload of games worth playing RIGHT NOW.

I share the same sentiments Rocketpig. After playing a few exclusives (FFX,MGS2, DMC, etc.) on my brother PS2 back in 2001, I went out and got my own PS2. After watching my friend play KOTOR in his X-box, I went out and got an X-box. My brother has had a PS3 since last December and I have played it. It isn't bad, but I have no desire to get one of my own either. The only thing I differ on is the HS demo. The only thing I didn't like about it was how brief it was. Of course my PS2 crapped out before GoW was released so I don't have it to compare HS to.

Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
Hmm well my personal opinion would be the 360 now, or wait for ps3 for later.
Im sorry but i have to say that all those fanboys who say that ps3 has a better lineup then 360 are a bunch of retards. Right now 360 has the games, ps3 will in the future, and maybe you can get it even less in the future.

Ill buy a ps3 eventually, but for now im very seriously enjoying my 360, bioshock, halo 3, blue dragon here i come, and they are all within the next month O.o, then i could go on forever whats after that.

But ill tell you this, as long as the exclusives stay exclusive on the ps3, eventually ill buy one, but nothing is appealing right now, sorry ps3 just doesnt have any true titles coming out.

You couldn't say it any better Ltok(Lost tears of Kain)

It depends of the game u will want to play AND when do you want to buy the console :

==> FF/MGS/LBP/Killzone2 ==> PS3 early 2008
(even if there is PLENTY of good games coming right now too, they seem inferior to Xbox360's lineup)

==> Bioshock/Halo3/Toohuman/GearofWar ==> Xbox360 right now

personnaly, there is no way I buy a Microsoft product considering you can play some exclusive game on PC too (who saied bioshock ?) and considering the higher failue rate, just showing how crappy is Microsoft ...
(just check the wonderfull review "Window Vista" is getting ...)
Even if, in some months (1 or 2), Xbox360 failure will be a past story.

Time to Work !

I made the 360 my first console choice a few months ago and I am happy with my decision. It was the only one that made sense at the time, and I am a Nintendo fan too. I plan to pick up Halo 3, Mass Effect, and maybe Bioshock and Last Remnant. Then a few weeks ago I got a Wii and now I can look forward to Metroid, Galaxy and maybe Brawl. I haven't ruled out the PS3 but FF13 could make my decision easier.

The PS3 without a doubt.

Free online.
Full 1080p.
Reliable.
Blue-ray player.

And a multitude of quality games arriving within the next few months. With online monsters like UT3 and Warhawk leading the way.

grab an elite which has the 65nm chips and extra heatsink...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man