By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - should i get a 360 elite or hold out for a ps3

but the blu ray player is reali appealing... i'm convinced that blue-ray will beat hd-dvd's

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

Around the Network

Do not buy one of the HD consoles, simply because you now have an HD set. Don't buy into the crazy stigma that somehow you're wasting your TV if you don't buy one. I've had my friend's 360 at my place for a week now, and even on a 50" set I don't care it does HD. I've even hit the switch on the cable to SD just for laughs once, still looked damn good, just a little blurry now. It’s a perk, not a reason to go buy an entire system.

Do buy one however if it has enough games you’re interested in, which sounds like the 360 for you. Unless you plan to heavily use the market place for HD Movie Rentals and TV Show purchases, I don’t think you’d need the Elite either. Just wait for the HDMI equipped Premiums to surface, they have the added heatsink found in refurbished units. (Still no 65nm chips)

You can also simply wait longer. You’re concerned about the reliability of the 360, and the PS3 currently has nothing your overly interested in. Why not just hold off for now and see how either of those issues develop?

footbag said:

I have a 360 and I just bought a PS3. The PS3 is worthless for the next year and I'm considering selling it. The 360 has a lot of great games and Xbox live is amazing. The downloadable content is amazing. Everything from Comedy Central shows, To movies, to games. You won't be disappointed with the 360.

Based on what I've seen, I'm not sure the PS3 will ever surpass the 360 in performance.  And the 360 currently has far superior graphics. 

Wow this guy just up and bought a PS3 then got it home and decided it was worthless? I would like to know your PSN ID bro my bet is that you do not have one or a PS3 for that matter. If you do have a PS3 why would you buy it if you knew nothing about it? Lastly am I the only one that thinks downloading Comedy Central shows is worthless....Hell there are only a few shows worth watching on Comedy Central. Killzone 2 looks like it surpasses anything coming out on 360 so far but I wouldn't say either is "far superior" graphicly

I would go with the elite they have mass effect, bioshock, halo 3, blue dragon, two worlds, project gotham 4, and over 70 other games coming out between now and christmas.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/like-you-don.t-know/scee-announce-loads-of-euro-ps3-release-dates-290532.php

Sony of Europe has set some release dates for most of the new first party games coming out, so I don't think you will get them much later than a month after they release here. Warhawk should be a blast too on the 28th if you enjoy those kind of games. You will get Singstar before the U.S. too. IGN has pretty reliable European release dates too if you want to look at some of the third party games.

http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html?constraint.eq.game.locale=us

Click under the titles and it often has a date for Europe.

How much is the Elite going to be over there? Personally, I think the Elite is overpriced, because it is still relatively unreliable, doesn't have a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD player, and only costs $50 less over here.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
samyaza said:
I would go with the elite they have mass effect, bioshock, halo 3, blue dragon, two worlds, project gotham 4, and over 70 other games coming out between now and christmas.

I will clash with you!

The ps3 has more (worth while titles) coming out than just heavenly sword and warhawk. No your wong I counted all the games coming out from now to end of year(and posted on another thread), and 360 has 63 ps3 has 64 and wii has 58. Count them yourself in gamespot.

mM
youjiro said:
well i actually have to consider my friends cus i've living in a 6 bedroom house with 5 other people who don't own any next gen consoles, so they always in my room playin the wii... guess its understandable considerin we're broke university students.

i reckon i mite aswell get the 360 cause halo 3 coming out and its a great multiplayer game. online play is not an issue rite now, multiplayer is higher up on my list. mite aswell check out game and see what offers they have

plus bioshock looks reali good... jus saw the video review for it on ign, looks quality

Resistance, Warhawk (confirmed that it has 2, 3, and 4 player split screen multiplayer, online and off), Haze, and Unreal Tournament 3 should are or should be fantastic multiplayer experiences if that is of interest to you.  Don't forget about Killzone 2 next year as well.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I would say PS3 with the deal(which is great over here)and maybe another controller or two because of the amount of people you are living with and get Resistance,Motorstorm and Oblivion that will keep you busy for quite awhile and then get Warhawk which aimed at being a multiplayer game then Stranglehold and continue with UT3 and HAZE at Christmas and if you get bored you can always stick in a Blu-ray or two.

If you cant be bothered fixing your X360 if it breaks whcih there is no guarantee it will but just a high chance it will then get a PS3 because it WILL NOT fail on you and if it does phone Sony and they send you a new one for free if its under 1year old.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

I'm a 360 owner and I'll try to stay unbiased as possible...

Either buy a 360 now or wait till next Fall and buy a PS3.

Whatever you do don't buy a PS3 before Fall 08.. unless of course you need a paper weight that helps cure cancer.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Is gebx being an Xbox fanboy but trying to be unbiased but failing cause he said the PS3 was a paper weight which it really isnt.gebx you obviously dont have a clue about the PS3 lineup this year and start of next.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)