By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - should i get a 360 elite or hold out for a ps3

mitsuhide said:
@ceres:
Turning fanboy on and off is a neat trick.

{fanboy start}Well if he wants HD gaming might aswell go with PS3 its got Blu-ray{fanboy end}
Thats a neat trick.

Anyway dgm6780 is right if he doesnt have a PS2 then the PS3 game library is by far the biggest because PS2 is still goin strong and has many great titles.

Your attempt fails because it has to be a statement that you don't believe but fanboys use all the time.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network

Sorry footbag but thats a joke stop being so fanboy seriously. If you play Heavenly Sword it is not really a button masher because 1.You cant block you have to change your stance to block. 2.The combos are hard to learn and its not as simple as simply mashing [] and expecting to win its not like that at all. I went into the game thinking it was button masher and i died fast. Motorstorm is amazing.R:FoM has a great story and is much better than CoD and your complaing about LAUNCH titles that have BOTH sold over 2million copies EACH so your oppinion is greatly overshadowed by them.
Menus thats a cheap shot seriously the menus arent clunky its very smooth and the games arent lacking anything and arent clunky either there smooth smooth SMOOTH.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

ceres said:
mitsuhide said:
@ceres:
Turning fanboy on and off is a neat trick.

{fanboy start}Well if he wants HD gaming might aswell go with PS3 its got Blu-ray{fanboy end}
Thats a neat trick.

Anyway dgm6780 is right if he doesnt have a PS2 then the PS3 game library is by far the biggest because PS2 is still goin strong and has many great titles.

Your attempt fails because it has to be a statement that you don't believe but fanboys use all the time.

Oh i get it oh well "you win some you lose some".

ceres said:
FYI, PS3 1st-party games are region free. I believe 3rd party are as well but I'm not 100% sure. Basically as long as it's translated and out somewhere, you can pick it up and play it on your PS3 w/o the wait.

The 360 negatives might no longer exist as they've got the new hardware.
It sounds like its a matter of whether you want to play games NOW or if you should just hold of until the PS3 actually has games you want and either put the money aside or use it for more Wii games.

I dunno how true it is, people say so because Americans can import Japanese games and such. There is a problem that's confusing me. Blue-ray has different region marking then DVD used too. BD uses A/1 B/2 and C/3 region codes.

A/1 - North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.

B/2 - Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

C/3 - India, Nepal, Mainland China, Pakistan, Russia, Central and South Asia.

There's always software region coding, which I don't think PS3 uses thus far but it very easily could, or even use the BD basic regions without anybody having taken notice just yet... I'm not positive about it but I LOVE being in A/1 lol

mitsuhide said:
Sorry footbag but thats a joke stop being so fanboy seriously. If you play Heavenly Sword it is not really a button masher because 1.You cant block you have to change your stance to block. 2.The combos are hard to learn and its not as simple as simply mashing [] and expecting to win its not like that at all. I went into the game thinking it was button masher and i died fast. Motorstorm is amazing.R:FoM has a great story and is much better than CoD and your complaing about LAUNCH titles that have BOTH sold over 2million copies EACH so your oppinion is greatly overshadowed by them.
Menus thats a cheap shot seriously the menus arent clunky its very smooth and the games arent lacking anything and arent clunky either there smooth smooth SMOOTH.
  If being a fanboy means that I think that 360 currently puts the PS3 to shame, then I am.  If a fanboy means that I will defend Microsoft and their console even if there is a better console, then I know I'm not.  I bought the PS3 because I thought it would be better then the 360. 

I played HeavenlySword last night.  The combos are button mash combos.  Triangle X 3, Square X 4.  Just because its not an easy button masher its still a button masher.  PS if your dying use the 4 Squares more.  Seemed pretty easy to me though.

Motorstorm, well I'm surprised anyone is defending it.  What am I missing?  You plug your way through menus that take forever to load.  Why do menus take so long to load?  And then get to a game with cartoony last gen graphics.  At least it was free!

RFOM is the best game I've played for the PS3.   The story is good.  I do think the menus are a bit clunky.   This is the best graphical FPS on the PS3 but the textures are of very low resolutions.  So doors and walls look bad.  Also glass doesn't reflect or refract.  This is one thing that surprised me.  I do like the speed, but got many framerate problems when taking fire from multiple enemies. 

Around the Network
mitsuhide said:
Is gebx being an Xbox fanboy but trying to be unbiased but failing cause he said the PS3 was a paper weight which it really isnt.gebx you obviously dont have a clue about the PS3 lineup this year and start of next.

sorry, I realize my mistake.. the PS3 is a dust collector.

yeah yeah I know... PS3 domination starts in sometime this year or next year.

But in all honesty theirs not one single AAA PS3 game. No game that makes me want to go "damn I really want a PS3". The only thing that peeks my interest is the Blu Ray player since I now own a HDTV.. but then I could get a HD DVD add on for the 360...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I think the framerate problems you speak of is your copy or didnt you copy stuff to the HDD because i dont have that problem.

Get Heavenly Sword and try to complete it by acting like its a button masher you wont.

Motorstorm the grpahics arent cartoony maybe your TVs too BIG and it pixelates it i dont know but i do agree the menus take a bit too long to load.

I also think you are judging the console too quick i did it with the X360 thinking it was all shooters but looked through the games available and its not at all there good games on it just nothing that makes me want to buy a X360 not even all the RPG's this year are pursuadeing me to buy one and my favorite genre is RPG.You are judging a console on 2 games and a demo to game that hasnt been finished yet.Re-judge the console in a year when you get R&C:ToD,Heavenly Sword,MGS4,Killzone2 and UT3 then say that the games being offered arent better than the X360 in quality and quantity.

What genre you like the most gebx and i will try to tell you game thats in that genre on the PS3 coming in the next 9months?

mitsuhide said:
I think the framerate problems you speak of is your copy or didnt you copy stuff to the HDD because i dont have that problem.

Get Heavenly Sword and try to complete it by acting like its a button masher you wont.

Motorstorm the grpahics arent cartoony maybe your TVs too BIG and it pixelates it i dont know but i do agree the menus take a bit too long to load.

I also think you are judging the console too quick i did it with the X360 thinking it was all shooters but looked through the games available and its not at all there good games on it just nothing that makes me want to buy a X360 not even all the RPG's this year are pursuadeing me to buy one and my favorite genre is RPG.You are judging a console on 2 games and a demo to game that hasnt been finished yet.Re-judge the console in a year when you get R&C:ToD,Heavenly Sword,MGS4,Killzone2 and UT3 then say that the games being offered arent better than the X360 in quality and quantity.

Thanks Mitsuhide for the well thought out post.  I figured I would get flamed again.  But what do you mean by copying stuff to my HDD?  If I can do something to get better performance, I will.  

I do find the colors to be my main complaint on motorstorm.  Shouldn't look bad on a 50" plasma.

Also, please everyone...  Take my review of the PS3 as a current snapshot.  If the games on the PS3 improve, I will be the first to say something.  If they don't, I may have trouble holding back.  Point is...  I don't care what console I'm playing, I just want good games.  Thats what its all about right? 

mitsuhide said:
What genre you like the most gebx and i will try to tell you game thats in that genre on the PS3 coming in the next 9months?

lol!  So you're saying don't buy a PS3 till Late Summer 08/Fall 08???

I Like RPG's, I Like 4 player coop shooters, and Girlfriend friendly games....  now please tell me what games are coming out for the PS3.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)