By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - “We absolutely would not want to trade places with Sony,” says Greenberg

I don't think any big company would want to trade places with Sony right now... Well, maybe the car manufacturers?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

but gamers know whats in each console and get what they want.
People buying for kids get what kids want. Value or percieved value if you will has nothing to do with it if it did psp's functionality would blow the DS away.

Parents trust Nintendo with thier kids. MS has gaming shows where people compete on 360's for madden and MLG. Madden tournament is on ESPN that sell's 360 also.

I Rofl at this Greenberg idiot.

Smashed said:
I Rofl at this Greenberg idiot.

I Rofl at him too.

OT: “I would rather talk about why you should buy our console than why you shouldn’t buy the competitor’s system.”

Yet he is eating his own words, oh the irony.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Wow Sony should just be happy they won the HD format war and shut up about PS3 selling lower than expected.

Around the Network

"Sony deserves where it is this generation. I thoroughly enjoyed Sony's failure after the whole hype and what not right up until the PS3's launch."

Every company will hype up their products so people will buy them. Are they suppossed to say don'y buy teh sp3 is expensive? Thats as microsoft saying don't buy the x360 since it will RROD and be in the shop for a few weeks.

I'd rather microsoft be in last due to the RROD that plagues their consle and not fixed. I finally got mine back and its not even mine and not new but a refurbished one. Why should I pay my hard earned money for a new x360 but when it breaks I get a used one? Thats not right. They should give some kind of added value and not some piece of crap Live card.

papflesje said:
Sigh, did sony really say that?

Moronic people.

I don't know how they do it, but haven't they figured out that being honest and respectful gets them way further? :-/

Modesty doesn't cut it in this business. It's about competition, which means you also compete with you rivals verbally.

Not that it is a good thing.......

do you people think other industries have this kind of trash talk. Like other than World Wrestling Federation...I can't imagine Samung CEO saying "Don't buy those sony TVs, they are crap"(especially since samsung makes their screens) and Sonys Columbia pictures executive saying "Don't watch that new Warner Brothers comedy, put comedy is 30% funnier"

They jsut show their product and let the better one win...

I think I prefer the gaming industry approach. More exciting...

disolitude said:

do you people think other industries have this kind of trash talk. Like other than World Wrestling Federation...I can't imagine Samung CEO saying "Don't buy those sony TVs, they are crap"(especially since samsung makes their screens) and Sonys Columbia pictures executive saying "Don't watch that new Warner Brothers comedy, put comedy is 30% funnier"

They jsut show their product and let the better one win...

I think I prefer the gaming industry approach. More exciting...

Reminds me of politics!

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Value is. relative. Not everyone has an Hd tv and has a burning desire for a blue ray player.It is of no value to some people so the system is overpriced for what they actually want. A game system for the family