By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - “We absolutely would not want to trade places with Sony,” says Greenberg

@ kitty: I've also complained about the fact that MS' tactic were below the belt when it was so (the "they will drop the price"-thing was below the belt for me, especially since it's not allowed over here).

However, Sony have had good press too, like when they admitted that the xbox did an excellent job in creating its market share, and when they admitted that the wii had opened up a casual market and therefore potential gamer clients for them too.

THAT however is the kind of press people want, because it admits their own flaws.

It's like the presidential debates. When they talk about the issues, they get rather high scores. When they go for personal attacks, the rating goes down IMMEDIATELY.

Around the Network

GO MS GO!

irstupid said:
kitty said:
@papfleje

funny how SONY get bashed

but when MS pull a cheap move by saying "PS3 will have a price drop in sprin n we'll be ready for it"

hence misleading ppl into thinking PS3 is gonna drop price so they shouldn't buy it.

MS gets praised for their PR Tactics....but when SONY puts forward that price grid WHICH ISN'T EVEN A LIE funnily enough they get bashed.

The Sony price comparison thing was childish and petty attack at the PS3.

The microsoft statement was a brilliant strategic move.  It may as you said make people hesitant on buying a PS3 because they expect the price to go down.  It also makes Sony think is it worth a price cut.  We are almost gonna be making money on PS3 or breaking even and a price cut would go in the opposite direction.  And will it help if Microsoft is just gonna answer right back with a cheaper price.   With all the bad news floating around about Sony lately it makes these decisions even harder for them.

well i think that the move SONY did is as fair as the one MS did.

I haven't seen this much desperation on Sony's part since the PS3 first launched. Such an unscrupulous and shallow company. They deserve everything they're getting for their overconfidence and arrogance.

Onimusha12 said:
They deserve everything they're getting for their overconfidence and arrogance.

QFT , but I would add lying too in that list. :)

Around the Network
Deneidez said:
Onimusha12 said:

This.

Lol @ kitty, you're making yourself look bad, stop posting.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Onimusha12 said:
I haven't seen this much desperation on Sony's part since the PS3 first launched. Such an unscrupulous and shallow company. They deserve everything they're getting for their overconfidence and arrogance.

Sony's arrogance is only equaled by that of Nintendo in the mid-90s, just before their great fall.

Mr. Greenberg made a lot of great, valid points, and his quote and the end of the article is about the best I've seen come out of MS.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Deneidez said:
Onimusha12 said:

QFT, twice!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

kitty said:
@irstupid

childish & petty?

actually it was informative & TOLD people what was IN the PS3 that wasn;t IN the 360....and how it related to PS3 & its high price

puh-lease...

Informative my arse, Sony made up a load of crock & shit and honestly I would only expect someone like you to take it seriously.

kitty said:
@irstupid

childish & petty?

actually it was informative & TOLD people what was IN the PS3 that wasn;t IN the 360....and how it related to PS3 & its high price

puh-lease...

Lets call it a cheap trick from Sony then. My god, their stockholders must be furious now... a grid to explain why their products is supposed to be better, that is the lamest thing a marketing department could do...

Fast moving consumer goods have to be self explanatory... imagine if car manufacters would do the same ?

Just open your damn eyes please...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.