By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - “We absolutely would not want to trade places with Sony,” says Greenberg

seece said:

kitty said:
@irstupid

childish & petty?

actually it was informative & TOLD people what was IN the PS3 that wasn;t IN the 360....and how it related to PS3 & its high price

puh-lease...

Informative my arse, Sony made up a load of crock & shit and honestly I would only expect someone like you to take it seriously.

for someone who was dancing in joy @ the LBP sales only 1.3 million then ofcourse didn't post after the truth about the figure meaning only online...

I would be quiet about judging ppl if I were you

@infamous

same applies to you

Around the Network

Both companies are so petty.

And people who are glad about a company's downturn are equally as petty.

papflesje said:
Sigh, did sony really say that?

Moronic people.

I don't know how they do it, but haven't they figured out that being honest and respectful gets them way further? :-/

They're Sony. Treating their customers like crap is in the mission statement.

Anyway, no, Sony has never gotten anywhere being honest and respectful. You can't really blame them for falling back into old habits.

That said, Greenberg, whoever the hell he is, roasted that arse.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

kitty said:
@papfleje

funny how SONY get bashed

but when MS pull a cheap move by saying "PS3 will have a price drop in sprin n we'll be ready for it"

hence misleading ppl into thinking PS3 is gonna drop price so they shouldn't buy it.

MS gets praised for their PR Tactics....but when SONY puts forward that price grid WHICH ISN'T EVEN A LIE funnily enough they get bashed.

Bro.

Sony is gonna cut the price of the PS3 this year.

People shouldn't buy it now! It's 4(Four) 00(Hundred) dollars in a recession.

If anything, Microsoft is giving sound financial advice to the uninformed masses.

I'm not trying to act like Microsoft doesn't have an alterior motive for that, they are obviously telling the consumer not to buy the PS3 until Sony drops the price...but jeez dude, Sony should have dropped that price before Xmas. I don't care how much we pretend we know about Sony's financials, "not competing" should never be an option for a company that actually...wants to compete.

Us, as consumers, are telling Sony, right now, by not buying the console...that they must lower the price. I think it's a good message. I think Microsoft gave sound advice. I think that if more consumers start not buying the PS3, Sony will be forced to start "selling" the PS3. Right now, they aren't selling it, by any definition of the word.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Sony made a pretty stupid statement but MS and Sony are both very petty companies. Sony got cocky this gen and anyone can see that, problem is that you cant help you think your better then the rest of the competition when you beat the other 2 consoles by 100 million units......

It's just the way things go, no doubt will Nintendo become cocky once again with due time. MS are cocky this gen because they are beating a console double it's price, imagine what would happen if they were the number 1 selling console this gen. :/

Around the Network
Roma said:
Deneidez said:
Onimusha12 said:
They deserve everything they're getting for their overconfidence and arrogance.

QFT , but I would add lying too in that list. :)

QFT, twice!

QFT.

Sony deserves where it is this generation. I thoroughly enjoyed Sony's failure after the whole hype and what not right up until the PS3's launch.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

You enjoyed a company not doing well? Yeah your what is called a pathetic person.

Companies are not petty, they are competitive. Competition is always good for the consumer.

Sony and Microsoft are both trying to pitch their consoles to the same market segment which is why things appear to be very tense between the two.

In my honest opinion, Sony just needs a better PR/competitive strategy. While their "perceptual" pricing grid may have seemed smart whenever the suits thought it up, it's not practical and educated consumers can see how illogical it is.

I think Sony has a hard time communicating its message to the masses. Microsoft (despite it's reputation for being an evil monopolistic powerhouse) just has a certain public tact and clear strategy that kind of gives it a certain edge when it comes to public relations and the media.

This response to Sony's attack is very clever.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

RPG said:
You enjoyed a company not doing well? Yeah your what is called a pathetic person.

I enjoy whenever someone arrogant falls. Whether it's a person or company it doesn't matter. The pathetic ones are the arrogant people.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

seece said:
“I would rather talk about why you should buy our console than why you shouldn’t buy the competitor’s system.”

Nice, he is right though, that was a desperate thing for Sony to do.

but isnt talking about why you should buy our console the same thing as why you shouldnt buy theirs? i mean if i tell you about features of console x then happen to mention that console y does not have those features i am talking about my console and why you should buy it over the other. so his statement really makes no sense, you have to talk about more than just your own console if your trying to sell it against other competitors.

and if this is a small jab about the grid thing then thats just whack. if you actually look at it the grid is true. if you want the same features plus some you will most likely be spending more on the 360 then the ps3.  so the grid covered all points. price and features all systems. now it is up to the consumer to judge what features he wants/needs to come to a conclusion.