By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - “We absolutely would not want to trade places with Sony,” says Greenberg

Sardauk said:
kitty said:
@irstupid

childish & petty?

actually it was informative & TOLD people what was IN the PS3 that wasn;t IN the 360....and how it related to PS3 & its high price

puh-lease...

Lets call it a cheap trick from Sony then. My god, their stockholders must be furious now... a grid to explain why their products is supposed to be better, that is the lamest thing a marketing department could do...

Fast moving consumer goods have to be self explanatory... imagine if car manufacters would do the same ?

Just open your damn eyes please...

Don't car manufacturers list most significant standard equipment, especially if some of it is optional in competitor models? Don't they boast about performance, roadholding, stability, etc? Obviously grids are a part of ads targeted for less casual drivers, while for most of them, I agree, main features must be communicated in a more emotionally incisive way. The grid, if considered necessary, must come AFTER having captured the potential buyer's attention, it can't do it effectively itself.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

See sony what good pr can look like

I like where we are at, no I don’t want to tear down them lets build ourselves up insted

I agree the sony price comparison was petty, but since the 360 started re-outselling (a word? no?) the ps3 ms have done a hell of a lot more trumpeting than sony did when they hammered the 360 37 weeks in a row

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

ultraslick said:
Sony is ambitious with their hardware choices, I respect them giving the finger to microsoft by not cutting the price. By not cutting the price of the PS3 in response to Microsofts price cut, Sony is saying that the two consoles arent comparable. It makes it seem like it was despiration on MS's part, and it was.

Sony is selling more units year over year. Yes the 360 is selling more for now, but they better be at half the price.

The PS3 is selling well. Know this.

By the way, this thread is insane!

Good Work Soldier, Jack Tretton would be proud.