By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - “We absolutely would not want to trade places with Sony,” says Greenberg

disolitude said:

do you people think other industries have this kind of trash talk. Like other than World Wrestling Federation...I can't imagine Samung CEO saying "Don't buy those sony TVs, they are crap"(especially since samsung makes their screens) and Sonys Columbia pictures executive saying "Don't watch that new Warner Brothers comedy, put comedy is 30% funnier"

They jsut show their product and let the better one win...

I think I prefer the gaming industry approach. More exciting...

I beleive they do, but I do not know for sure. In any industry with symmetric competition, there will probably trash talking.

Around the Network

I read this article recently and I really have nothing to say but a lot can happen in 2009. I hope Sony will recover this year.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

The problem is, wait for it PS360 fans, NO ONE GIVES A SHIT. MS dude is accurate in making this same point, although ironically its the same argument that they use unsuccesfuly against Nintendo.

Look at my shiny buttons, what? No one cares about HD, not to the level that some people claim.

Ok, i have an 80w X 6 Marantz amplifier with all independantly purchased Jamo german speakers including 100 w subwoofer. Its amazing, but most of you don't a shit right?
Thats kinda what MS is saying here, the problem is there own logic defeats their own argument.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Onimusha12 said:
I haven't seen this much desperation on Sony's part since the PS3 first launched. Such an unscrupulous and shallow company. They deserve everything they're getting for their overconfidence and arrogance.

Microsoft is such an ethical and profoundly deep company. They deserve everything they are getting with their diffident and humble disposition.

I actually found the article quite amusing and would have expected nothing different from either company.
The shoe will switch from foot to foot this gen regarding Sony and MS which is a good thing for us buyers as it makes them try harder.

Around the Network

A nice and well put response from MS through the lips of Greenberg. Sony by doing such petty comparisons won't win over the average gamer, especially since they tend not to even hear about this kind of stuff.

More had been lost than gained Sony....again.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

megaman79 said:

Look at my shiny buttons, what? No one cares about HD, not to the level that some people claim.

Ok, i have an 80w X 6 Marantz amplifier with all independantly purchased Jamo german speakers including 100 w subwoofer. Its amazing, but most of you don't a shit right?

I do, I would like... I would rather dream to equip my installation with a Marantz amplifier and Bowers & Wilkins XT kit (rougly 6000 € for the whole set ... hum)... but that is off-topic

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sony is ambitious with their hardware choices, I respect them giving the finger to microsoft by not cutting the price. By not cutting the price of the PS3 in response to Microsofts price cut, Sony is saying that the two consoles arent comparable. It makes it seem like it was despiration on MS's part, and it was.

Sony is selling more units year over year. Yes the 360 is selling more for now, but they better be at half the price.

The PS3 is selling well. Know this.

By the way, this thread is insane!

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:
Sony is ambitious with their hardware choices, I respect them giving the finger to microsoft by not cutting the price. By not cutting the price of the PS3 in response to Microsofts price cut, Sony is saying that the two consoles arent comparable. It makes it seem like it was despiration on MS's part, and it was.

Sony is selling more units year over year. Yes the 360 is selling more for now, but they better be at half the price.

Hum !! Sony was ambitious indeed, but I don't think they initially expected to price the console for 600 bucks.

Sony doesn't lower the price because it can't for the moment (geezz).

You don't do marging on the hardware but on the software and services BUT if your install base is too short, you don't do well.

N,o the PS3 is not selling well compared to the rest of the market and the history of the Playstation brand.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

ultraslick said:

So Sony is "giving MS the finger" by not cutting prices? That's ridiculous...

This is business, not high school politics. If they don't cut the price when their sales are suffering it's because they can't, period.

And no, their sales are not up year-over-year, in fact they're down in Others and flat/down in USA and Japan. This if you compare the latest few weeks.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957