By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - F.E.A.R. 2 or Killzone 2

Killzone 2 looks like it's the greatest FPS I've ever laid eyes on. Everything about the game screams polish and AAA. As for F.E.A.R. 2, I played the first and thought it was good but I haven't really haerd or seen anything about the sequal. Overall from what I do know about it, it doesn't seem to be on K2's level. Not close.
I'm not trying to base the sequals on the prequals. We all know that F.E.A.R. was better then Killzone, but what does that have to do with these new titles? The big problem with Killzone anyway was techincal problems which it doesn't seem to have anymore. In fact, a huge budget and lots of time have gone into making this game. With so much time, effort, money, etc put into one game I don't see how it can go wrong. Exspecially after watching the game in motion. It's awe-inspiring.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

Killzone 2!
Killzone 2!
Killzone 2!
Killzone 2!
Killzone 2!...etc

F.E.A.R was a mediocre, generic corridor shooter spiced with sum absurd out-of-place horror.

F.E.A.R 2 will get rufly 82% on Gamerankings and struggle to sell 1 million despite being on both PS360.

Killzone 2 will get 88.5% on GR and sell over 2.5 million.

KZ2 FTW

Slimebeast said:
F.E.A.R was a mediocre, generic corridor shooter spiced with sum absurd out-of-place horror.

F.E.A.R 2 will get rufly 82% on Gamerankings and struggle to sell 1 million despite being on both PS360.

Killzone 2 will get 88.5% on GR and sell over 2.5 million.

You sure about that? When it came out it was most likely the best FPS on the market when it came to gunplay. It had (and still has) the best AI in a videogame. The graphics were going head to head with the Source engine games like HL2 for the best visuals title. Gamespot gave it shooter of the year in 2005...

The rest of your post is pure guess/speculation.

Also, FEAR2 will easily outsell Killzone 2 when looking at PC/PS3/360 games. While 3 platforms VS 1 isn't a big accomplishment...it must be noted that development budget was surely much less for FEAR2 to bring it to all 3 platforms.

Around the Network

Both games' prequels were extremely boring, let's hope the dev's can redeem themselves with the second installments. I have low expectations of F.E.A.R 2 going by what I've seen though, looks like more of the same crap as the first one tbh.

Fear 2 has the audacity to launch near Killzone 2?

The first Fear was poor. I bought it and returned it a few days later. I rarely do that with a game.

Killzone 2 looks like it was crafted from the very essence of FPS win.

@Mummelmann & Dallinor

Pretty much all reviews for FEAR disagree with you both. I know you can pull the "personal preferences" card at any time.

But then please don't try to pass YOUR personal preferences as facts.

disolitude,

Since u seem to love both (upcoming) games, which do u think will be better, FEAR 2 or Project Origin, and how much will they sell on consoles?

disolitude said:
@Mummelmann & Dallinor

Pretty much all reviews for FEAR disagree with you both. I know you can pull the "personal preferences" card at any time.

But then please don't try to pass YOUR personal preferences as facts.

Disolitude, they probably played the PS3 version of the game. Which came out late, and wasn't that good to be honest. The PC version was excellent and the 360 version was very good port of the PC game. The PS3 version was really lacking.