By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - F.E.A.R. 2 or Killzone 2

Both the games look great. If it weren't for KZ2, I'd say Fear2 would be the best looking console game that's close to release. I'll definitely get both, but if I HAD to choose, then I'll go for KZ2 because of the presentation and controversy that surrounds it. Frankly, I'm more interested in playing the game just to see if it can live up to my expectations (as the hype made by "others" are pretty unreasonable), rather than play what looks like a solid game from a solid dev (Fear2).

Around the Network

Oh, and as for the argument that F.E.A.R. 2 will be better because it's from a developer with a stronger track record. Remember Haze. Wasn't Free Radical a developer with a strong track record with such amazing games as Golden Eye and Timesplitters?

PS3 Trophies

FSolid_Raiden said:
Oh, and as for the argument that F.E.A.R. 2 will be better because it's from a developer with a stronger track record. Remember Haze. Wasn't Free Radical a developer with a strong track record with such amazing games as Golden Eye and Timesplitters?

Free Radical made GoldenEye? EPIC FAIL, this is what Free radical made:

For the record, Rare made GoldenEye.Of the 5 games mentioned above, the only one that could really be classified as truly great is TimeSplitters 2. You can also putFuture Perfect in that category as well. Now let's look at Monolith's great games:

FEAR

Condemned 2

Tron 2.0

NOLF 2

AVP2

NOLF

And that's just off the top of my head. I'd kill for a NOLF 3 or an AVP 3 by them too....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:

FSolid_Raiden said:

For the record, Rare made GoldenEye.Of the 5 games mentioned above, the only one that could really be classified as truly great is TimeSplitters 2. You can also putFuture Perfect in that category as well. Now let's look at Monolith's great games:

FEAR

Condemned 2

Tron 2.0

NOLF 2

AVP2

NOLF

And that's just off the top of my head. I'd kill for a NOLF 3 or an AVP 3 by them too....

Meh. Your right. It was Rare that made Golden Eye. I stand corrected. Free Radical was branched off from Rare however, and if I'm not mistaken many of the members had a role in the developement of Golden Eye. Epic Fail I'd say is a stretch. More like just fail. :P

P.S. Condemned > Condemned 2

PS3 Trophies

axumblade said:
disolitude said:
Wait a second. FEAR 2 comes out Feb 10th and Killzone comes out Feb 24th. They are 2 weeks appart... How are they competing with each other again? Only for people that tend to buy 1 game a month and love FPS games I guess...

I thought you frequented this site as much as I do.

You know that no matter what, when a Sony game is released, it's compared to something that Microsoft is releasing automatically.

Since Microsoft don't have a shooter coming out in February, they have to pick a game that is probably going to end up being more heavily advertised on the 360. :p

It definitely won't be F.E.A.R. 2. Maybe they're relying on Halo. But they need to hurry up and give us some info on crackdown 2!!!

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Around the Network
Solid_Raiden said:
vlad321 said:

FSolid_Raiden said:

FEAR

Condemned 2

Tron 2.0

NOLF 2

AVP2

NOLF

Meh. Your right. It was Rare that made Golden Eye. I stand corrected. Free Radical was branched off from Rare however, and if I'm not mistaken many of the members had a role in the developement of Golden Eye. Epic Fail I'd say is a stretch. More like just fail. :P

P.S. Condemned > Condemned 2

I dont know. Both are pretty sweet in my books...and both are made by monolith.

BUMP

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Bumped because now we know the answer...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

vlad321 said:

FSolid_Raiden said:

FEAR

Condemned 2

Tron 2.0

NOLF 2

AVP2

NOLF

So, are Guerilla redeemed, and can we now accept that a developer with a less than stellar track record can make a great game?

Oh, and FEAR (the console version) is hardly something to be bragging about. It's about on par with Killzone 1 in quality.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

who said that FEAR 2 was going to be better than killzone 2? lol