By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The TRUE Top Selling Game Ever -- Pokemon Red/Blue -- TRUE SALES MONSTER!

thats two games, so split the sells between each copy, otherwise combine other similar games..... i know the PM stratagy of pushing two games out at the same time with slight variations, but to count it as one game it would need to be only one sale to get both.... or rather build it all into one cart and make it one game like it should be and not the money grab it is right now

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

I meant yellow, was green released ww?

there was a green?

technically....in those sales on this site...it says Red/Blue

so sales of yellow, green & so on aren;t counted.

if we are to count sales of yellow (which may not be fair) then Pokemon 1st gen "game" is past 40 million I believe.

I would agree, but for a different reason. Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow were mostly the same game, and were on the same system. The differences are as minimal as the ones between the two versions of Wii Sports. If you combine their sales, Wii Sports has not outsold them yet.

Though it doesn't matter much, since sooner or later it's bound to happen beyond all doubt (ignoring the fools still bickering about bundling).

Munkeh111 said:

Red and Green in Japan, which is Red and Blue everywhere else.

Green and Blue are the same thing.

Around the Network
Xeta said:
I would agree, but for a different reason. Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow were mostly the same game, and were on the same system. The differences are as minimal as the ones between the two versions of Wii Sports. If you combine their sales, Wii Sports has not outsold them yet.

Though it doesn't matter much, since sooner or later it's bound to happen beyond all doubt (ignoring the fools still bickering about bundling).

yet they are branded as different games, and thus should be counted as one... imagine if not for the money grab they could hold the top spot 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Pokemon was bundled too with Gameboy Color. I bought mine that way. But it was also sold at retail. Wii Sports is the best selling game ever period.

I like Bacon said:
Munkeh111 said:

Actually the reason they didn't release Green outside of Japan was because the pokemon sprites were very different than Red version so it sold very badly. Blue's sprites are much closer to Red's.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I like Bacon said:
Munkeh111 said:

So basically there are 2 games worldwide?

I can't remember, were they all the same with a different boxart and menu?

Yep, I agree with this.

Even though Pokemon Red/Blu (bluE, not Builders League United daggith) was bundled at some point, that doesn't matter. The bundled sales make up only a tiny minority of its total sales. Maximum would be ~ 8M (very much doubt that it was this much), so it has definitely sold 25M non-bundled sales, which is more than any other game.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS