By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Incredible last few months of HD battle '08 in pictures...

Yes! The PS3 wins in Japan!!!!

Anyway, sony needs a price cut in Feburary, with inFamous in March to back up Killzone 2

Around the Network

These really show how the 360 price cut completely turned it around.

No big wonder even the 60Gb 360 is now almost half the price of the cheapest PS3. Sony really donated Europe to MS.

Every single one of the preceeding months, where the PS3 fought back bravely, up in flames. Damn it Sony!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I think this highlights the problem of building in a price drop yearly expectation. it hurt sony to not do it after doing it every year, and reinforces the idea that if you wait you will be rewareded

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

RPG said:
Well at least PS3 is killing the 360 in Japan.......by a million :/

Actually its more like 2 million, learn to count :P

Around the Network

The effects of the pricecut have made things all the more interesting for this year.

Will the current price point sustain the 360 in the non holiday months?

Will Sony cut the price in March/April?

Tune in later this year to find out.

09 will certainly be a telling year

I think this highlights the problem of building in a price drop yearly expectation.

Doubt that this has anything to do with it. More like a competition problem. Most games are available on 360 and PS3. The PS3 is build better and has a BluRay player but the 360 now costs half what the PS3 costs. Hell at current price point I would buy a 360.
But this is the point if your competition manages to release a comparable product much cheaper they will get the sales.

The 360 completely turned things around world wide. In America it pushed the gap ahead to 8 million. In Europe it staid steadily ahead and in Japan it raised average sales from 1-3k to 10-13k a week. Amazing job. The PS3 also turned things around in Japan because for awhile it was not holding up to well.

All and all very good job.

yea japan has been a complete turn around from 360.. from absolute disaster to mediocre performance.. not bad..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business