By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Metroid Prime 3 Wii Videos

Nope, that's what it's saying...and it is amazing.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Metroid Prime (timeline wise) comes in between Metroid Prime 2 and Super Metroid

The first Mother Brain is destroyed at the original Metroid.

The second Mother Brain is destroyed in Super Metroid.

I am not sure if the final boss of Metroid II (GB) was a Mother Brain or not, cause I never played it but I believe it to be so.

There is many 'Mother Brains' and basically after seeing this I consider that they are Aurora units captured by Space Pirates and given 'evil' 'space pirate' like thoughts and patterns (the trailer talks about Male, Female and different judgements depending on their usage) to make it what we consider a 'Mother Brain'.

Geddit?

I am even more excited now than I was three days ago. Can't wait.

Wow surprised this thread is still here....

Anyways, just got up and had a chance to look at the new vids, from the sounds of it they really really took their sweet time in putting them out!

The first vid, I completely agree felt a bit disjointed and I got the impression that it was like a scan cutscene as well.  I don't know if that is going to be the case in the game but it definitely felt like that was the impression they were trying to give. I am wondering if it might be a precursor video for the game...sort of like a mission briefing video..or at least a clip from it.

The second video, wow, where do you start?  This one was short and sweet, I really like how they showed several of the morph ball's abilities in the video, specifically the seemingly endless jumps =P  The spiderball track itself was pretty awesome and whoever was controlling it definitely had the hang of things, but I have a feeling that is not even going to be in the top 5 of morph ball challenges in the game.  I am really hoping for another spider guardian type of fight, not necessarily the same setup but just a boss that you fight completely in that sidescroll mode.  It really gives a nice retro feel, and I think it was one of the more interesting boss battles from Prime 2.

To Each Man, Responsibility

FINALLY!!! Hellz yeah! Man those were awsome insight vids. I believe that mother brain is one of the aurora units... if not the PRIME AURORA UNIT.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Around the Network

New videos should be up soon. I wish they'd release the vids sooner but like I said before, I can wait.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

I'm still waiting for Gametrailer's Retrospective....

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Either today or tomorrow Ben.

As for the vids... a couple of hours more!!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

I don't know, but i'm going to die if the next 2 vids don't come out in the next hour... I'm really hoping for more cinematic "aurora" type videos, the trailers for the actual game i want to save for when i actually play it. Besides i've seen tons of gameplay videos of the game already, if only of the first mission.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

OriGin said:
Metroid Prime (timeline wise) comes in between Metroid Prime 2 and Super Metroid

The first Mother Brain is destroyed at the original Metroid.

The second Mother Brain is destroyed in Super Metroid.

I am not sure if the final boss of Metroid II (GB) was a Mother Brain or not, cause I never played it but I believe it to be so.

There is many 'Mother Brains' and basically after seeing this I consider that they are Aurora units captured by Space Pirates and given 'evil' 'space pirate' like thoughts and patterns (the trailer talks about Male, Female and different judgements depending on their usage) to make it what we consider a 'Mother Brain'.

Geddit?

All the Primes are between Metroid/Zero Mission and Metroid II. The Mother Brain in Super Metroid is the rebuilt Mother Brain from the original Metroid, she's not a new unit. Prime 1 pretty much confirms that. So there are not "many" Mother Brains, there's only one that sustains Zebes.

Zero Mission and the e-Manga pretty much infer that the Chozo created Mother Brain. Unless Retro is doing some rather recent retconning, the Aurora units are based off of Chozo technology and not vice versa. There's a few notable differences between the Auroras and Mother Brain anyway.

Oh, and the final boss of Metroid II was the Queen Metroid.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"