By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Metroid Prime 3 Wii Videos

Well the new videos are going to be out today, so consider this thread your warning to be on the look out and when you get a chance to see them come on back and post your thoughts.

PS - I mostly wanted to prevent 4 people from posting at the same time, this way we have 1 thread.

PPS - Sorry if I scared you into thinking they were up already, but as soon as someone notices they are up post it please!!! 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

I want an American Wii :'(

Oh well, can't wait to *read* about it :P

Damn :'( thought they were released! *cries*

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

Yes, this is another failed thread.

Hey, in an effort to get more attention lets start a thread with nothing in it! woohoo!!

twesterm said:
Yes, this is another failed thread.

Hey, in an effort to get more attention lets start a thread with nothing in it! woohoo!!

What? I'm not sure I follow your logic. I think I explained the point of the thread pretty clearly, and it seems you are implying I am just trying to get attention or something. If I am wrong then my apologies but if that is the case then you are way off base. I simply don't want to see 4 posts on the same topic cluttering this forum. I fail to see how posting this gets me any attention.

edit: honestly you don't even have to reply, just let the thread do its intended purpose, I don't want to turn this into anything but a place to discuss the video.  

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

It just seems a little silly to make an anticipation post because at least one of severl things will happen:
1) The post will be filled with "OMG I can't wait" and other useless conversation (even if this conversation wasn't going on).
2) The post will be buried, forgotten, and overlooked and when a new thread about the video is made you will get people saying the obligatory "the thread is already made here's the link" posts and then you will have at least two conversations.
3) No matter what you do people are going to make new threads because they're excited about Metroid.

It's much easier/better to just let the first thread actually posting the videos be the main thread. All this looks like, as I said, is someone craving attention by starting a thread really early so they can be the cool person that started the topic and organized everything and hoping that the mods will notice them enough so maybe they can become a mod/reporter too.

OMG I can't wait *is punched by twesterm*

ow, you're mean ;-;

I agree with twesterm...just make topics when they come.

I could make a Smash Bros topic about Sonic being announced...and then un-bury it when it really happens, but I think it's best to just make topics as they come.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm with Sqrl on this one, opening this thread not only unites the topic but also gives a heads up to those who weren't aware of the upcoming videos. And what's so wrong with a few redundant "OMG I can't wait"s, its not as if most of the threads are filled with well reasoned, worthwhile writing.

The problem is that the actually videos will be at some random place in the middle of the thread. I really don't want to wade through a lot of random posts to see the link. What's even worse in this case is that these won't even be links (right away), they'll be "hey, so the MP videos are up" which will even be harder to see through the random posts.

Now when the word gets posted, Sqrl could always go back and edit his post but then we get back into the attention whore thing. Sure, I'm sure he would give credit, but people would still have to go through him to get the information. ;-p

-edit-

And just so people understand and so people stop posting it thinking it bothers me, I don't have a problem with OMG I can't wait!! posts; I even make them occasion.

what I was getting at was that I would have to wade through those posts to actually get to what the thread is about.