By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Metroid Prime 3 Wii Videos

Well, to be honest, I'm finding that for the past few weeks, more and more trivial posting keeps happening. Nothing wrong with that...but we can't have OMG topics all the time...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
I agree with twesterm...just make topics when they come.

I could make a Smash Bros topic about Sonic being announced...and then un-bury it when it really happens, but I think it's best to just make topics as they come.

The post as I stated in the OP was serving two purposes.  The first was to inform people that it is coming out today which I actually had forgotten myself until I went to check this morning to make a note of the date.  The secondary point was to get people's impressions and to prevent the chaos and panic that is going on over here, I would rather not have 4 threads in one forum on the same topic.  And another 2 with people lying and saying that a playable demo is out and they beat it already.  You guys are talking as if this thread would be on a different page when the videos get updated, the videos are announced for today and I expected them to be out almost 3 hours ago now (aka Noon EST).  

So seriously, please do not derail this any further, if you want make another thread about how stupid this one is, at least it would be on topic then. But to come in here and troll the thread is actually only going to cause what you are complaining about.

To Each Man, Responsibility
BenKenobi88 said:
Well, to be honest, I'm finding that for the past few weeks, more and more trivial posting keeps happening. Nothing wrong with that...but we can't have OMG topics all the time...

Indeed, I've found a lot fewer interesting threads recently.  I think it's because news has died down a lot after E3.

Derailing the topic, yes. Trolling, no. You might actually be trying to do a noble thing, but it really is just a worthless topic and at least one of the options (if not all) will come true when the videos actually get put up so there's no point in this thread. When the videos actually get put up and people starting making the "OMG teh metorids! let me show u them" threads start getting made people will get reminded that the videos come out today.

Of course you can make the argument that a thread about nothing can't be derailed. I'll let you assume that's a troll comment.

twesterm said:
Derailing the topic, yes. Trolling, no. You might actually be trying to do a noble thing, but it really is just a worthless topic and at least one of the options (if not all) will come true when the videos actually get put up so there's no point in this thread. When the videos actually get put up and people starting making the "OMG teh metorids! let me show u them" threads start getting made people will get reminded that the videos come out today.

Of course you can make the argument that a thread about nothing can't be derailed. I'll let you assume that's a troll comment.

Honestly, at this point you have succeeded in fulfilling your complaint.  I know when a thread needs to die so just delete this one Ben.  

But while its still here.... 

As far as it being pointless you only need follow my link to see what I mean.  And I think you are  a little pessamistic when you think people will start an entirely new thread when one is already at the top of the list.

My only regret is that I didn't put a "No trolling" sign out. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

So... has anything actually been released?!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

This sucks. It's basically midnight now and I'm staying awake just to see these frickin vids.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Sqrl said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I agree with twesterm...just make topics when they come.

I could make a Smash Bros topic about Sonic being announced...and then un-bury it when it really happens, but I think it's best to just make topics as they come.

The post as I stated in the OP was serving two purposes.  The first was to inform people that it is coming out today which I actually had forgotten myself until I went to check this morning to make a note of the date.  The secondary point was to get people's impressions and to prevent the chaos and panic that is going on over here, I would rather not have 4 threads in one forum on the same topic.  And another 2 with people lying and saying that a playable demo is out and they beat it already.  You guys are talking as if this thread would be on a different page when the videos get updated, the videos are announced for today and I expected them to be out almost 3 hours ago now (aka Noon EST).  

So seriously, please do not derail this any further, if you want make another thread about how stupid this one is, at least it would be on topic then. But to come in here and troll the thread is actually only going to cause what you are complaining about.

However pre-emptive threads rarely work!

I expected the new vids to be there when I first checked the Wii this morning. Now its afternoon and still no vids!? Ah well, I can wait.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

THEY ARE UP!