By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Metroid Prime 3 Wii Videos

Sporticus said:
When does Retrospective IV come out?

YOU TELL ME!!!!!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Good trailers. The combat was fun to watch and some more information on the phazon suits is certainly welcome.

The PED trailer was simply amazing. Did you see how the federation trooper shook when he used the used? Phazon sickness... I think that we will see some kind of mutiny from the troopers. Think about it. They are injected with Phazon.. they over use it and since they are not infused by Chozo blook [like Samus] Phazon easily corrupts them and makes them evil!!

Also.. one trooper shook and moved [when injected with phazon] exactly the same way Space Pirates moved/shook in Prime 1. I guess this explains their wonky movement.. phazon sickness!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
ClaudeLv250 said:
OriGin said:
Metroid Prime (timeline wise) comes in between Metroid Prime 2 and Super Metroid

The first Mother Brain is destroyed at the original Metroid.

The second Mother Brain is destroyed in Super Metroid.

I am not sure if the final boss of Metroid II (GB) was a Mother Brain or not, cause I never played it but I believe it to be so.

There is many 'Mother Brains' and basically after seeing this I consider that they are Aurora units captured by Space Pirates and given 'evil' 'space pirate' like thoughts and patterns (the trailer talks about Male, Female and different judgements depending on their usage) to make it what we consider a 'Mother Brain'.

Geddit?

All the Primes are between Metroid/Zero Mission and Metroid II. The Mother Brain in Super Metroid is the rebuilt Mother Brain from the original Metroid, she's not a new unit. Prime 1 pretty much confirms that. So there are not "many" Mother Brains, there's only one that sustains Zebes.

Zero Mission and the e-Manga pretty much infer that the Chozo created Mother Brain. Unless Retro is doing some rather recent retconning, the Aurora units are based off of Chozo technology and not vice versa. There's a few notable differences between the Auroras and Mother Brain anyway.

Oh, and the final boss of Metroid II was the Queen Metroid.

They don't have to retcon anything. The manga isn't canon. None of the games ever say that Mother Brain is Chozo technology.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

Are they in Europe?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

Not yet Game_boy. They'll probably be around the game's october release.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

Retrospective... Retrospective... No Retrospective?

Guess what, I had a wierd ass dream that I read in Nintendo power that to get the Turok games (N64) and Resident Evil games (PS) on virtual console you had to visit this wierd website through the Wii's web browser, but the adress was basically un-enterable because of all the mathmatical symbols put in it and of course being a dream, was never the same adress. And if you got all these games you got to download a racing mod for Twilight Princess. Wierd ass dream.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom