By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 had best lineup for holidays,Wii had worst = Wii sells 4 times more.

Maynard_Tool said:
oh boy..... once again.

Wii sells more b/c that's what people like. They enjoy playing and dont care about HD graphics or anything like that.

People like the wii = wii > Ps3.

Yea, apparently people dont like good games either

mM
Around the Network

Pffff shut up leo, everyone knows about u.

Face it, not everyone like the games you like. Is it that hard??? And again, if u go by the "good games" how come you have a ps3 and not a x360??? I mean, you care so much about reviews and all of that.

Some people are just.... unbelievable. I guess that's what happens when you try to prove something to a 16 year old kid

Bodhesatva said:

One of the hallmark personality traits of young males is a lack of empathy, and that hallmark is always in full swing on internet forums.

I am endlessly frustrated by most people's inability to reach the simple conclusion: most people don't like the things that you like. It's that simple! I remember when I first stated on these forums that I really disliked Metal Gear Solid 4: how could I not see how awesome this game is? How was I not blown away by its ridiculous amounts of win?

I've explained many times, but the short answer is that I think it's sophomoric. Others might object to the game's incredibly nerdy premise -- a genetically engineered super spy fighting giant robots. And also the President, who is also a genetically engineered clone. In just the same way you might instantly dislike a game that stars cute puppies, others may dislike a game that revolves around super spies fighting giant robots.

Whatever the reason, people need to accept that the things you like are not liked by everyone, and the things you apparently hate (Carnival Games, Wii Fit, Wii Music, whatever) are enjoyed by other people. Your tastes are not better (lol babyz are no worse than lol super spy / bald space marine). Just accept that many people -- in fact, the majority -- do not like the things you like, and prefer other stuff. If you accept this basic fact, the mysteriously succesful Wii which seems to magically sell because it's sprinkled with fairy dust no longer requires bizarre explanations for its prosperity. The Wii sells because most people prefer the types of games the Wii offers (and yes, this includes Wii Fit and Wii Play as much as it does Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart or Guitar Hero). Just like that, this mystery is solved.

Awesome post.   I'm tempted to sig it.

I have a 60gb ps3 because I never had a ps1 or ps2, now I do, along with a ps3.

mM
leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:
oh boy..... once again.

Wii sells more b/c that's what people like. They enjoy playing and dont care about HD graphics or anything like that.

People like the wii = wii > Ps3.

Yea, apparently people dont like good games either

Oh god leo, get over it. Hopefully when you grow up you'll be able to wrap your head around the concept that not everyone shares your tastes. Tell me, what were your favorite movies this year leo?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

that doesnt explain why u have a ps3 over a x360 when you care that much about reviews and metratic and all of that crap. So, yeah.....

*Trying to explain a 16 year old that not everyone share the sames tates as him = Pointless*

arsenicazure said:
I think its kinda how britney spears trumps radiohead in sales.

But Radiohead haven't made a good album for years. Not since OK Computer and that wasn't as good as The Bends.

*legs it*

Seriously, though, it's nothing like that because a lot of 'serious' gamers love their Wiis as can be noted from a quick look around these forums.

I'm still amazed at how people cannot understand that the Wii does have many quality games and that many of these quality games appeal to a wider demographic than the more 'traditional' games on the other systems. It also appeals to those of us who have been playing games for billions of years and want a change of style as well as the so-called 'core' gamer.

@ A lot of people: It would be nice if these weird emotionally defensive and aggressive postings that we seem to get about things. Why people are so defensive/aggressive about things I have no idea. What are you afraid of? It would be nice to see more maturity about things. They're only games and consoles. Man, there's people being bombed to pieces in the world and yet other people get angry about games sales. That's very tragic.

Also laughed a lot at the Plebian comments. Very funny. Plebian. Heheh. Great post.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Hail to the thief, amnesiac? those were pretty amazing albums.. in rainbow isnt half bad either.. try n get yourself the in rainbows "amplive radiohead remixes"..pretty awesome shit

I think thom york's fart has more creative juice than anything britney croons..but thats another topic of discussion altogether..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Bodhesatva said:

One of the hallmark personality traits of young males is a lack of empathy, and that hallmark is always in full swing on internet forums.

I am endlessly frustrated by most people's inability to reach the simple conclusion: most people don't like the things that you like. It's that simple! I remember when I first stated on these forums that I really disliked Metal Gear Solid 4: how could I not see how awesome this game is? How was I not blown away by its ridiculous amounts of win?

I've explained many times, but the short answer is that I think it's sophomoric. Others might object to the game's incredibly nerdy premise -- a genetically engineered super spy fighting giant robots. And also the President, who is also a genetically engineered clone. In just the same way you might instantly dislike a game that stars cute puppies, others may dislike a game that revolves around super spies fighting giant robots.

Whatever the reason, people need to accept that the things you like are not liked by everyone, and the things you apparently hate (Carnival Games, Wii Fit, Wii Music, whatever) are enjoyed by other people. Your tastes are not better (lol babyz are no worse than lol super spy / bald space marine). Just accept that many people -- in fact, the majority -- do not like the things you like, and prefer other stuff. If you accept this basic fact, the mysteriously succesful Wii which seems to magically sell because it's sprinkled with fairy dust no longer requires bizarre explanations for its prosperity. The Wii sells because most people prefer the types of games the Wii offers (and yes, this includes Wii Fit and Wii Play as much as it does Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart or Guitar Hero). Just like that, this mystery is solved.

This is, by far, the best post in the thread. There is so much correct in this post it almost goes full circle on every other post in this topic. Thee only thing I can add to this is the fact that maybe XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 need games like this to help move systems. I am certain Microsoft has tried (Viva Pinata) and Sony is giving their own effore with Home, but the truth is, both companies (Microsoft and Sony) would love to have a company like EA publish a small title by a rather unknown developer; with little money invested, and make huge payoff. It creates an incentive to make big budget and smaller scale games on their console. Nintendo is about to start to catch that wave in 2009. Us early adapters have had to hold on for a bit, but now even the most avid haters are starting to admit that some Wii games look appealing to them.

All of those things effect the number of games that come out on a system. And that in turn effects/creates consumer interest. I think people are so hard on Nintendo for being successful because they think it spites what has shaped video gaming. That is not the truth at all.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Johann said:

Don't you people get it? Ps2 didn't sell as much as it did 'cause of the awsome library of games! It sold 'cause it was the "it console" of that gen, like the Wii is the "it console" of this gen. With the trifecta of Wii Sports, Play and Fit out there, Nintendo could stop making games right now till the end of the gen, which they won't, and they'd still beat every sales record known to man. Which games are in the top 5 ww sellers right now? That's right, the Triforce of Nintendo Power. You guys don't get that those were the games that made this generation...

Edit: Ok, so I checked out the top 5 and Wii Fit wasn't there, but my point is still valid...

The Triforce of Nintendo Power

I like the sound of that.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)