By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 had best lineup for holidays,Wii had worst = Wii sells 4 times more.

price you simple kids.

a 3 series offers eveything better then a camry but that boring toyota still out sells it 4-1

PRICE kiddies, get over it.

Around the Network
twingo said:
price you simple kids.

a 3 series offers eveything better then a camry but that boring toyota still out sells it 4-1

So the Arcade fails to outsell the Wii because of what, exactly?

Groucho said:
WiiStation360 said:

Games that appeal to you ≠ Games that appleal the the masses.

PS3 has the best holiday linup for you.

Wait, wait.  Have we come to the conclusion then, that since the games appeal to different demographics, that the Wii and PS360 are not actually competing for the same financial territory?

Hmm.

Are not competing for the same financial territory? What kind of stupid question is that? Offcourse they are competing. Taste in games DIFFERS BETWEEN PEOPLE. There is no connection between demographics and financial territory as they are all GAMES in the end. Nintendo has jsut managed to find an untapped market that makes them enough money that they can swim in it and send videos of it to Sony for Christmas LOL.

It is like the fruit market, some people like one brand of apple and others like another, are you gonna say those apples arn't competing for customers in the same market?

Shanobi said:
Groucho said:
The Wii makes a great gift for kids. It practically reaches out and grabs grandma from the shelf.

I thought this same thing while at the local Fred Meyer (a west coast US dept. store + grocer) just yesterday. I watched some classic demographic (male probably 13 or 14) kid stare at the Wii games section for a bit, with a really upset look on his face, then he meandered to the PS3/360 area and looking longingly at the games there for a good while.

I bet he got a Wii for the Holidays. Lol.. I feel bad for him though.

Really?

I saw a kid stand in front of the Wii staring longingly at the games, then I saw him go over to the PS3 and 360 sections. After a moment, he pulled out a knife and stabbed himself in the eyes.

I felt bad that he didn't have a Wii to overcome the pain of having to look at those. Poor kid.

I too saw a kid in the Wii section with his mum, She was picking up a shit game, and I said it is crap and she asked what do I recommend. I saw the kid looking at mario kart wii, so I said that is a good game, he smiled. Guess what? His stupid  mother didn't buy it because she said "The game looks like too much fun so I will never get my TV back" and the lols "He has a 360 in his room maybe I'll buy him one of those games so I don't have to try and force him of my TV"

I was like why don't you hook up the wii on his TV, she said "I want to be able to play it too" What a selfish cow.

llewdebkram said:
leo-j said:
ph4nt said:
because metacritic isn't a good measurement of how good a systems games are.

/thread

Because it is?

Metacritic measures the quality of each game, based on the average of 50 plus reviews per game.

Im sorry but only Nintendo fans bring out the "Metacritic means nothing" card out because the wii turley doesnt have very good games *atleast for this year* compared to the ps3 or xbox 360.

It's a good indication of what those select website/magazine reviewers think is the best but ask for the same games to be reviewed by older people or a family with young children and I'm guessing the results would be very different.

You presume the reviews that go to make up the final marks on metacritic are the be all and know all of video games and what they say is gospel but they are just the opinions of a few males who probably fall into quite a narrow age range.

I have said this before in that other stupid thread about below average Wii games. If you got carnival games and horses MARKET by the casuals, and girls, those games for THEM would be in the 90s on metric. Sadly metric is a small NON DIVERSE group of people, which happen to be HARDCORED HD Gamers. To them the Wii automaticlaly looses a point based on graphics. So in the end statistically MEtric ratings do not represent the WHOLE Wii demographic, where as 360 and PS3 the demographic is very similar to what the reviewers are, since those consoles are AIMED ONLY AT THEM.

I agree that carnival gams and horse etc.. is shit from my personal tastes, but I am only ONE GAMER. There is a LOAD OF WII GAMERS who would argue those games in the 7s are a 9 for them.

Frankenstein said:
Sadly the average consumer is not as informed as we are and therefore has no idea that the Wii has a weaker library than the PS3.

Weaker library by whos standards? Do you really think an old grandma wants to plays a PS3 with all those buttons? I noticed hwo you only mentioned PS3. Did it ever occur to you 360 has an EVEN stronger line up then it and hence why the 360 has sold more this Christmas?

However since I am not a mindless person, I use my brain and decide for myslef WHICH games I like. Hence why I have a Wii and a PS3.

leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:
oh boy..... once again.

Wii sells more b/c that's what people like. They enjoy playing and dont care about HD graphics or anything like that.

People like the wii = wii > Ps3.

Yea, apparently people dont like good games either

Once again your arguement brings it back to good games. Your one little small man that is an insignificant part to this world. In the end do you think your the only buyer to these companies? They aim at more then just pleasing one small guy.

And as mentioned before above, who are you to judge what someone else likes to play. Please find some MORE creditable arguaments then OH the games are just better. Also a hint, if your going to post some numbers to rebate my post, make sure you get the maths right first.

twingo said:
price you simple kids.

So if the PS3 is a BMW 3 Series Sedan, that has all the added features, and the Wii is a basic Camry that sells more because of price; does that make the XBox 360 a Chevrolet Impala, which has almost all the features of a BMW 3 Series Sedan, and is closer in price to a Camry, but still won't sell more?

The reason the Impala sells less is because people think it's a loud, ugly, and unreliable car.  Although it looks better on paper, the percieved value of the Camry is more than that of an Impala.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43916.html

Just another videogames media that says PS3 had the best line-Up.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Around the Network
Usul said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43916.html

Just another videogames media that says PS3 had the best line-Up.

A site that caters to "core gamers" tastes.

Its price and the target group. Both cater to a bigger audience for the Wii as empty the Wii may be for people who have played games for a while.
And if you take those, the 360 is a formidable opponent to the PS3.

The Wii caters to a larger demographic than the PS3. Also, hard as some of you find it to believe, some actual gamers prefer it and its games to the ps3. It's all just a matter of taste really. Yet again, so many of you who say the ps3 has a better line-up of games, it is just YOUR OPINION.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

The Wii isn't selling so well because it appeals to the masses. Or because of it software library which isn't that great aside from a few games.   It is selling as well as it does mainly because of the word of mouth it generated by the fact that it was hard to come by during Christmas '06 and '07. I do believe it was engineered on Nintendo's part to generate sales for the system. Now, the Wii fans will come on and say I'm totally wrong about that. However, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that folks aren't out to get you.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

BTFeather55 said:

The Wii isn't selling so well because it appeals to the masses. Or because of it software library which isn't that great aside from a few games.   It is selling as well as it does mainly because of the word of mouth it generated by the fact that it was hard to come by during Christmas '06 and '07. I do believe it was engineered on Nintendo's part to generate sales for the system. Now, the Wii fans will come on and say I'm totally wrong about that. However, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that folks aren't out to get you.

Yes, but it means you have no actual reason to think that they are.