By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GUNDAM ---120k sold on 1st day + 30k ps3

Gundam is an awesome series---it's just a matter of taste. It's inevitable that the PS3 will begin to pick-up with sales like this. I'm still amazed about how so few people look at the long-run and focus on the very obvious short-term. 12

Around the Network

There is no disputing that Gundam has sold well. 180k for the week!? That puts it at the top of the PS3 software charts in Japan right now doesn't it. I don't even think RR7 has sold that much since launch and the Japanese love Ridge Racer. Any idea on PS3 sales for the week? I'm expecting Gundam to give the PS3 the kind of bounce Blue Dragon did for 360. Sales of the PS3 will be elevated for about 3 or 4 weeks. It will be interesting to see how the PS3 and Wii stack up for the week. I guessing that the PS3 will hit about 50k for the week.

I believe it's only been selling like this, because all other Gundam games have been subpar. Not even mediocre.Since the Gundam franchise is big in Japan, it's only natural that they'd buy a game that is finally 'good,' after a long trend of crappy gundam games.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Question said: Around 180,000 for Gundam Musou for the first week. 「ガンダム無双」が予報をはるかに上回る18万本以上を販売してトップに立ちました。 http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20070306-00000006-maia-game[/quote] And about 40k for the PS3 according to gamefront. That´s not the type of system seller that saves a console, is it? Somethings wrong wth the PS3 in Japan... and it is not just the price.

The video-game market in Japan has shifted radically under the influence of the DS. Hardcore gamer-games aren't what sell in large numbers anymore. While a big game might make a splash one week as the hardcores get their launch copies, they fall off shortly thereafter. Sony needs something to counter Nintendo's casual and non-game-game revolution if they're going to sustain sales (even Nintendo hardcore stand-bys like Zelda have reclined rapidly in sales in recent years). This isn't it.

Around the Network

stewacide said: The video-game market in Japan has shifted radically under the influence of the DS. Hardcore gamer-games aren't what sell in large numbers anymore. While a big game might make a splash one week as the hardcores get their launch copies, they fall off shortly thereafter. Sony needs something to counter Nintendo's casual and non-game-game revolution if they're going to sustain sales (even Nintendo hardcore stand-bys like Zelda have reclined rapidly in sales in recent years). This isn't it.
I do hope that I can count in NSMB in hardcore games. Otherwise I will get in really bad mod

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Hmm, new Gundam is coming also for PSP - Gundam Seed vs Z.A.F.T (or something like this) Trailer It will hit 2007-04-05. Anyone knows anything about this title? Any demend? Famitsu most wanted or something? Graphics is pretty descent - mech looks cool. Full 3-D - first attempt with 3d Gundam on portable system or am I wrong? I hope it will beat success of SD Gundam G Generation Portable.

I find this amusing. That's ALOT of games sold. I'm curious how stuff will be looking in the next few weeks. Because that +40k/week. Is that gonna stick around? Becuase if it does. Sony is in the runnings in Japan agian.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Twelve said: Gundam is an awesome series---it's just a matter of taste. It's inevitable that the PS3 will begin to pick-up with sales like this. I'm still amazed about how so few people look at the long-run and focus on the very obvious short-term. 12
What long-run? The PS3? This is it for them until Golden Week and beyond. This is their biggest game until DMC and MGS4 in the fall. They are basically giving Nintendo a free pass to cement their lead over Golden Week and Summer. And Nintendo haven't even started yet.

These first week sales are almost irrelevant (except that is has sold well). As always, the key will be the staying power of the title. How long will it last in the top-10 - and can it generate sustained sales of the PS3? The PSP also has titles similar to this (sales-wise) when it launched - but not enough titles had staying power. The DS is doing so well because titles are still in the top10/20 1-2 years after release. I haven't seen anything yet that breaks the analogy of the DS vrs PSP & Wii vrs PS3. There is no reason why they shouldn't perform in a similar fashion in the market.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099