By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GUNDAM ---120k sold on 1st day + 30k ps3

roadkillers said: Wow, why do these games sell so well? They suck. I played them they suck. All of the games god reviews of around 5/10. Why are they so popular?
Because it's Gundam It's like Japans madden, selling on name alone

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Hey! A few of them are actually enjoyable! :p *happy with Gundam Seed : Never Ending Tommorow (PS2), Gundam Battle Assault 1/2 (PSX), and Gundam 0079 : Side Story (Dreamcast)* *okay with Gundam : Encounters in Space, Gundam Battle Assault 3, Gundam : Federation Vs Zeon, Gundam : Zeonic Front (all PS2)* *plans to avoid gundam : crossfire like the plague* And I am personally very interested in Gundam Masou. :p

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

the thing that makes me really mad is that they buy some of these games and most of them are crap and when they are this game sells a couple million but great games like God Of War dont even sell half a million. Not even close.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

In Japan's defence. The numbers for Gundam: Crossfire and Gundam: Scadhammers are both crap.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

MH2 should come in at #1, with 240k (approx). I think Musou will be at #3 - expect Super Robot to take the #2 spot. The problem with these big releases... is they are SO anticipated, everyone rushes out to get it on day#1.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

shams said: MH2 should come in at #1, with 240k (approx). I think Musou will be at #3 - expect Super Robot to take the #2 spot. The problem with these big releases... is they are SO anticipated, everyone rushes out to get it on day#1.
GUNDAM would reach 200k by the end of the week.......no doubt 120k on the 1st day is great!!!!!!!!!

washimul said: shams said: MH2 should come in at #1, with 240k (approx). I think Musou will be at #3 - expect Super Robot to take the #2 spot. The problem with these big releases... is they are SO anticipated, everyone rushes out to get it on day#1. GUNDAM would reach 200k by the end of the week.......no doubt 120k on the 1st day is great!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, but it's not 500k first day..... And I have said that there are some good gundam games in other post, like endless duel for example.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I wrote in other thread, the first shipment of Gundam Musou is 170~180k. This number shows the number of Gundam Musou in the distribution in Japan. In other words, the number is the maximum sales in Japan now. The second shipment from Koei is Monday according to some source, and the period of next sales charts is until Sunday. So, the number 500k is the only fiction.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

washimul said: shams said: MH2 should come in at #1, with 240k (approx). I think Musou will be at #3 - expect Super Robot to take the #2 spot. The problem with these big releases... is they are SO anticipated, everyone rushes out to get it on day#1. GUNDAM would reach 200k by the end of the week.......no doubt 120k on the 1st day is great!!!!!!!!!
They didnt even ship that many Gundam Musous. IIRC, Japanese sales trends show that about 70% of sales for the week are concentrated on the first day, so I expect the PS3 to sell around 45k units. Not great, not terrible, but considering this was a GUNDAM and a Musou game at the same time, its pretty disappointing in terms of moving systems. It was probably the PS3's best shot at a legitimate hardware mover until the fall. Not good, considering Nintendo is lining up Super Paper Mario in April, the Wii brand titles and Super Mario Galaxy later this year.

ranzchic said: They didnt even ship that many Gundam Musous.
How many did they ship?

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!