By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GUNDAM ---120k sold on 1st day + 30k ps3

This game was #1 on famitsu's most wanted games before it was released. That is very high, consider that Fire Emblem was something like #14 right before it got released.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/ Trying to find a different source, but I haven't been able to as of yet.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

There is the possibility that, as was mentioned, the system will continue to stay high on sales simply because there weren't enough copies of the game to go around this week. It's not like they'd have any incentive to buy the PS3 this week if the only thing they want for it is sold out until next week. That said, I think the 45k this week isn't too discouraging, though not too encouraging either, on the whole. Sales will still be higher than the 20-25k mark next week. Granted, it's not exactly catching up to the Wii, but Sony has always started slowly. Heck, for the PS2 in its first year the only game worth owning was, well, a Musou game. Yeah, it sold faster, but it also cost less. Once Sony gets the costs down on a remodel, it will pick up. And that remodel is bound to come before the first real blockbuster.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

shams said: Am a little surprised more units weren't pushed (assuming 45k for the week is true), but then it just shows that Gundam fans (this is the *2nd* Gundam PS3 game out already!) are the ones that already own the console. Also keep in mind that the first shipment of games looks like it has sold out (or close to), so if more units were available - more hardware would have been sold. Its a good, solid start for the title - now the PS3 just needs some backup support. A couple of decent J-RPG's wouldn't hurt ;)
Early reports says that the bundle was doing poorly. Not sure if the 45k figure(and 30 k figure last Friday) includes the bundles or just the PS3 hardware itself.

ChichiriMuyo said: There is the possibility that, as was mentioned, the system will continue to stay high on sales simply because there weren't enough copies of the game to go around this week. It's not like they'd have any incentive to buy the PS3 this week if the only thing they want for it is sold out until next week. That said, I think the 45k this week isn't too discouraging, though not too encouraging either, on the whole. Sales will still be higher than the 20-25k mark next week. Granted, it's not exactly catching up to the Wii, but Sony has always started slowly. Heck, for the PS2 in its first year the only game worth owning was, well, a Musou game. Yeah, it sold faster, but it also cost less. Once Sony gets the costs down on a remodel, it will pick up. And that remodel is bound to come before the first real blockbuster.
Sony has sold (roughly) 750,000 PS3 systems in Japan in 17 weeks ... in 17 weeks the PS2 sold 2,250,000 systems and the PSP sold 1,200,000 systems ... In other words Sony has not always started slowly ... Certainly sales will improve as Sony reduces the price of the console, but how long will that take and how much will sales improve? A thing to remember about Japananeese popular culture is that they're less likely to buy into unpopular things than North Americans are ... Part of the reason the XBox/XBox 360 performs so poorly is because it isn't popular no one will buy it

Around the Network

ps3 will dominate the console war, this is only the start......

PLAYSTATION®3

@HappySqurriel : and only 580K ps1 Japan in 17 weeks ;)

If the ps3 does anthing like the ps figures it would be a miracle i think given the high price i expect it might do 75% of ps sales still a major success in my opinion . Im going to get one now anyway going to head into Glasgow city and preorder today . The wii is moving out today had enough of childish baby games . I expect millions of them will be gathering dust by next summer . How i wish nintendo had just stuck with the snes was there best machine by miles .

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

Doss said: @HappySqurriel : and only 580K ps1 Japan in 17 weeks ;)
Yes, because the PS1 wasn´t interesting in it´s first 17 weeks and second there was no competiton for it at that time so it didn´t HAVE to sell well. Well, are there any interesting upcoming games for the PS3 in Japan? Maybe something in the next 3 months? (I mean every PS3 fan is talking about some mysterious games that will push the PS3. But pushing it next year or this fall is too late.) Cause if not then the weekly sales will probably drop to 15k I guess. And by the way, if Nntendo releases it´s "Wii health pack" this cute little game will outsell both Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid. If the Wii is anything like the DS than there is no chance for Sony to win. If...

Famitsu 2/26 ~ 3/4 1. Super Robot Taisen W (DS) 2. Gundam Musou (PS3) 3. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd (PSP) 4. Professor Layton (DS) 5. Wii Sports (Wii) 6. Pokemon Diamond & Pearl (DS) 7. NSMB (DS) 8. Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (DS) 9. Wii Play (Wii) 10. More Brain Training (DS) http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/03/07/103,1173252768,68159,0,0.html Not sure: 13. Fire Emblem 18,000 93,000