By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alan Wake Vs. Heavy Rain

Given that Alan Wake hasn't yet been given a release date, and quite possibly won't even come out in 2009, your bet seems kindda flawed.

Around the Network
Hyams said:
Given that Alan Wake hasn't yet been given a release date, and quite possibly won't even come out in 2009, your bet seems kindda flawed.

I see no flaw.

We do it based on the first 6 months of sales respective to each, regardless of when the two titles are released.

If you can handle the shame of losing two bets I'll take you up as well Slime. We can make it so that if both conditions are met or fail then someone loses, but if only one condition is met then it's a tie and left alone. And bans are no longer allowed for betting if I remember, so how about instead I just take control of your sig and avatar for a month? ^^

wholikeswood said:
Hyams said:

I see no flaw.

We do it based on the first 6 months of sales respective to each, regardless of when the two titles are released.

Well, not a flaw, exactly. Just that, y'know, you may be waiting 2+ years before you find out who wins.

Torillian said:
If you can handle the shame of losing two bets I'll take you up as well Slime. We can make it so that if both conditions are met or fail then someone loses, but if only one condition is met then it's a tie and left alone. And bans are no longer allowed for betting if I remember, so how about instead I just take control of your sig and avatar for a month? ^^

I'd agree with this idea of a loss/win only counting if both conditions are met. Cheers for this clarification, Torillian.

And yes we better do it with sigs & avatars then.

So if I and Torillian are both correct, then I'll control for the first month and Torillian can control for the month after that.

Around the Network

Since you were first up to accept the bet I guess I can take second string. I look forward to seeing what Sig and avatar you come up with for Slime

Torillian said:
Since you were first up to accept the bet I guess I can take second string. I look forward to seeing what Sig and avatar you come up with for Slime

Sorry if I came across presumptuous. You are welcome to the 1st string if you're keen for it (and if we win). I really don't mind; just took it myself for the reason you've already outlined.

Torillian said:

Yeah I can because I'm confident I'll win. It's a deal.

wholikeswood said:
Torillian said:

I'd agree with this idea of a loss/win only counting if both conditions are met. Cheers for this clarification, Torillian.

And yes we better do it with sigs & avatars then.

So if I and Torillian are both correct, then I'll control for the first month and Torillian can control for the month after that.

Sounds good.

Hello, how do we fix the rest now? I've never betted before on VGC. Where do we write down the conditions and stuff as evidence?

Oh I've just put down your prediction on my wall, there's no real set way to do it, I'm just going to keep the conditions of the bet on my wall, I suggest you keep it somewhere as well.