By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alan Wake Vs. Heavy Rain

CrazzyMan said:
Of`course HEAVY RAIN is better. Heavy Rain - IS a totally NEW gaming experience. =)

I hope you're joking... Heavy Rain is just and extension of their last game in terms of what they are trying to do... As for Alan's Wake everything in those trailers are in game using the engine to render it... I think AW is more Silent Hill and HR is more Indigo Prophosy... which makes sense since that was their last game

Around the Network
Neoraf said:

Ok. Listen.
This is the first time I watched Heavy Rain videos...
Before I only saw Screenshots... and they blow me away! Awesome graphics!

But now, watching videos:
WTF...

Horrible Lipsync. Lips movement is awful.

Realistic experience? You must be kidding me.

This kills the game for me.
They better work on this or it's unplayable.

Hell, Mass Effect (released in 2007) had better lipsync with dialogues.
We could believe the scene in Mass Effect. I CAN'T WITH HEAVY RAIN. It feels stiff and robotic.

Don't know why, but I think Alan Wake will have the same problem.

Facial expression and talking behavior ARE the most important things on a Psychological Thriller Game.

You might want to watch the 25 min demo of the game first, the OP's video is a 2 year old tech demo before QD even got a copy of the developer's kit. The actualy gameplay is also in this thread, although its offscreen. :)

The Heavy Rain art style looks like some combination of fugly and creepy. Reminds me of The Polar Express movie, and I thought they looked creepy too.

Once you get to a certain level of human like appearence, if you can't fool your brain into thinkit it is real it takes on an empty zombie like look.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

is this suppose to be like a csi game or something?