By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alan Wake Vs. Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain

Alan Wake

Both look awsome and I plan on getting both. I'd like to see more ingame for Wake though.

Around the Network

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what to think yet about either xD

Heavy rain seems like a game that I've never really played before, and Alan wake looks like it'll play like... I.. dunno o.O;;; I'd need to see gameplay footage from both xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Both look awesome but I am giving Heavy Rain an edge in terms of awesomeness

Heavy Rain gameplay demo at E3 2008

Is it just me or is the voice acting in Heavy Rain really terrible? Those scenes with the crying woman, they needed someone else to do that voice.

Around the Network

Of`course HEAVY RAIN is better. Heavy Rain - IS a totally NEW gaming experience. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

The developers of Heavy Rain have proven that they can tell quality stories with Indigo Prophecy. The developers of Alan Wake have proven that they can rip bullet time out of the Matrix and use it in a game and that a game that they should have been able to make in under two years can sometimes take them four years to make.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

CrazzyMan said:
Of`course HEAVY RAIN is better. Heavy Rain - IS a totally NEW gaming experience. =)

Do you have any idea how weird this would sound if you were to say it?

As far as I go, I'm all about Heavy Rain right now. I still don't know shit about Alan Wake, and that's a bit ridiculous after 4 years. I'll begin caring when they get the fucking ball rolling with that game. Heavy Rain all day baby!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I dont think either of them look that good.

Both games could be over hyped mediocre style over substance type of games. As in far too ambitious for it's own good.